Vince Young wants out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vince Young wants out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vince Young wants out?

Postby mrblitz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Young says he wants Titans' starting QB job back or out of Tennessee
NFL.com Wire Reports

Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher has said all offseason that Kerry Collins is the Titans' starting quarterback. And if that's the case when the 2009 season starts, Vince Young wants to play elsewhere.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vince Young wants out?

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:03 pm

I don't blame him...but barring an injury to Collins or just outrageously bad play from him, I doubt we'll see much of him this season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 am

Good luck to Young, a Qb who hasn't got it done on a run heavy team, with emotional/mental issues in a league who wants the next hot QB out of the draft after Ryan and Flacco last year. Not some former 1st rounder who hasn't got it done yet.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby moochman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 am

This is a case where the dude need only fully apply himself to his craft. Beating out Collins isn't exactly a herculean challenge. Barking without showing any bark is the sign of a lazy dog. So either put it out on the field or just shut up and cash you big checks while they are still coming.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 am

Not true according to his agent:

Young's agent: Vince has no desire to be traded
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:58pm
By Terry McCormick

Vince Young’s agent says the quarterback has no desire to be traded from the Tennessee Titans.

Young, who told Baltimore television station WMAR earlier this week that he is focused on winning back the starting job in Tennessee, but that if that doesn’t happen, that he would be ready to move on.

“I’m still focused, staying focused. I’ve got a lot of people that look up to me. I’ve got a fans that love me and want to see me back out on the football field,” Young told the station. “Right now, I’m just taking it a day at a time, being very competitive, competing for the job and just let Coach Fish[er] make his own decision.

“Definitely I want to be in there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and fans. But at the same time if them guys don’t want me in there, it’s time for me to make a career change for myself. The fact is I’m ready to play ball, and if they’re not ready for me to play ball, somebody is.”

Major Adams, who represents Young, said his client has not asked for a trade, nor does he have any desire to be moved away from the Titans.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/conte ... -be-traded
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Return to Football Talk