Dirtiest player in the NFL to join NBC analyst crew - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dirtiest player in the NFL to join NBC analyst crew

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dirtiest player in the NFL to join NBC analyst crew

Postby spodog » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Rachel Cohen, of The Associated Press, reports retired SS Rodney Harrison and former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy have been added to NBC's pregame program as analysts.

I have to wonder if Chris Collinsworth says something that Harrison disagrees with if Harrison will charge across the studio and try and take his knees out? :-*

spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dirtiest player in the NFL to join NBC analyst crew

Postby dmacblue » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:25 pm

I found it very hard to feel sorry for this cheapshot merchant when he got hurt. Karma,....... coming to a sports field near you.

I loathe Harrison almost as much as Sapp, and that buffoon got a gig in TV land so anythings possible.

Now as far as being a TV pundit, well I disliked Herm Edwards, Irving and Keyshawn when in the NFL, but all were very good on NFL shows imo.

The best are Tom Jackson, Jaws, Dilfer and Stink

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm

I don't remember him ever trying to hit someone's knees. Someone is exaggerating. Head-shots? Yes. But there have been a lot of those in the NFL, Ronnie Lott included...

Fact is, he has a great personality for TV and should do well...

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:47 am

I thought he was good in the booth last year in the playoffs for NBC. I heard he is replacing Bettis, and personally I think he will be an upgrade.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 am

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:I don't remember him ever trying to hit someone's knees. Someone is exaggerating. Head-shots? Yes. But there have been a lot of those in the NFL, Ronnie Lott included...

Fact is, he has a great personality for TV and should do well...

Let me help jog your memory, Royal Cheese . . .

Preseason 1999. St. Louis Rams acquire Trent Green as a free agent from the Redskins. All through camp, Green looks amazing. During the 1st 2 preseason games, Green goes 28 of 32, and the Rams offense looks stunning, scoring at will in the 1st quarter of these preseason games when the starters are in.

Then, in the 3rd preseason game the Rams face the SD Chargers. Rodney Harrison launches himself into Green's left leg, shredding EVERY ligament in Green's knee. Green was put on IR, and a former grocery store stock boy was inserted into the starting lineup at QB for game 1 of the regular season. This guy then went on to lead the greatest show on turf, and win the NFL MVP award that year.

Sound familiar?

By 1999, Harrison was already well known around the league as cheap shot artist, and a number of other current and former QB's phoned Green after the injury that summer to express their sympathy to him regarding what looked like a career ending injury, and to share stories with him of how they had either been hit by Harrison in a similar way or narrowly avoided having him take their knees out.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:00 pm

This is great news. NBC really needed another couple of bodies on the Football Night in America broadcasts.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk