How To Win An IDP League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

How To Win An IDP League

How To Win An IDP League

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am

This article was posted in July 2008, but it's a pretty good one. ;-D

start of article wrote:If you’re not playing fantasy football with individual defensive players, you’re missing out. IDP leagues add more players to the mix, increasing the overall competition level. If a stacked offensive team has a few holes on defense, it can be vulnerable against a team with a bang-up D that may be struggling on offense due to injury problems. IDPs give the margin of error some breathing room, as more factors need to be taken into account – like who ranks higher on draft boards – Marc Bulger or Brian Urlacher?

Rest of article here:

http://nooffseason.com/quick-hits-daily ... ategy.html

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How To Win An IDP League

Postby Roger That » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm

If you're not playing in an IDP league then you truly are missing out.

I tend to agree with the article, but I've found that LBs are the key to winning. I'm going into my 3rd season of playing IDP and the previous 2 years I've won the league...because of my defense. The strategy I take is to completely scratch DE/DBs and focus on consistent tackling LBs (1 point per tackle). Fill your lineup out with LBs who can give you least 6-7 points per week; they'll help your team a lot more than you'd think. DE/DBs are too fickle for my liking. Sure they can win your matchup single-handedly with a 15 point week, but they can also kill you because of their inconsistency. DE/DBs are boom/bust from week to week from what I've gathered. Just my .02.

This strategy is not fail-proof because you do have to understand the rules of your league. My league has 6 IDPs playing per week. 1 pt for a tackle, 3 pts for an INT, and 4 pts for a sack.
Roger That
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Roger That wrote:If you're not playing in an IDP league then you truly are missing out.

I tend to agree with the article, but I've found that LBs are the key to winning. I'm going into my 3rd season of playing IDP and the previous 2 years I've won the league...because of my defense. The strategy I take is to completely scratch DE/DBs and focus on consistent tackling LBs (1 point per tackle). Fill your lineup out with LBs who can give you least 6-7 points per week; they'll help your team a lot more than you'd think. DE/DBs are too fickle for my liking. Sure they can win your matchup single-handedly with a 15 point week, but they can also kill you because of their inconsistency. DE/DBs are boom/bust from week to week from what I've gathered. Just my .02.

This strategy is not fail-proof because you do have to understand the rules of your league. My league has 6 IDPs playing per week. 1 pt for a tackle, 3 pts for an INT, and 4 pts for a sack.

I agree with your first sentence, any league that I join now, I want IDP as a part of it. I've played for 3-4 years with IDP and love it more each year ;-D

What is the starting requirements(defense) for your league?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Roger That » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm

dream_017 wrote:What is the starting requirements(defense) for your league?

I'm not exactly sure what they will be this year, but 2 years ago we had 2 DB spots, 2 DL spots, and 2 D (any position) spots. Last year we went to just 6 D spots. I loaded up on LBs last year, but eventually I had Josh Wilson as my #1 scorer...he's a beast if your league counts return yards. Watch out for Leodis McKelvin this year.

I think we will use the 6 universal spots again this year. It makes it a lot easier for us semi-casual fans and allows you to come up with your own strategy.
Roger That
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to IDP