Trying to get my article published.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trying to get my article published..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying to get my article published..

Postby mattmurf77 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Sleeper(s) of the Week: The Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Core (Mostly Devin Hester)
I know, I know I’m sure most of the readers are surprised that the Chicago Bears and good wide receivers are in the same sentence, but this is my sleeper of the week. They went into the draft and went wide out crazy drafting 3 WRs all 3 of which were at least 6 feet tall.
Oh and have you taken a look at their receivers lately?? Number one is Devin Hester.. need I say more? Noone can argue that he is one of the fastest guys in the league and now that he is the #1 WR he should be seeing alot of passes coming his way. In the 7 games last season he saw atleast 4 passes he averaged around 70 yards per game. Now that he is the big numero uno I am expecting atleast big yardage numbers out of him and whether he can pull away from his defenders (which shouldn’t be a problem for him) or not, I don’t think it is crazy to say that Hester can get 1500 yards and 9 TDs. Behind Hester there is Rashied Davis, Earl Bennett, Brandon Rideau, and the Bears 3rd round pick Juaquin Iglesias. Iglesias is a 6’1” receiver/kick returner out of Oklahoma who led his team in receptions and receiving yards for the past two years. He also racked up 10 TDs last year so the guy can catch. Plus, he’s a kick returner, so Hester isn’t the Bear’s main guy. It’s definetly possible that he takes some more kick returns and Hester can focus more on his main position. Quite frankly though, I think out of the four WRs after Hester, Bennett has the best chance to produce fantasy numbers. I can see him getting alot of looks from newly acquired QB Jay Cutler. Why? Because these two played together in college at Vanderbilt so I can’t imagine Cutler not showing favoritism to his former wide out. And of course the addition of Cutler should greatly help Devin Hester too. Cutler unlike former QB Kyle Orton, HAS AN ARM! Cutler should have no problem bombing 2-3 passes to Hester per game. We could be looking at the Tom Brady-Randy Moss tandem of 2009, that is of course behind Tom Brady and Randy Moss. So am I saying that Cutler and Hester are second round picks? No of course not but when it’s late in the season and you lose your final game by a point or two to miss the playoffs because the other guy has Hester who just caught a 50 yard bullet for a TD, don’t come crying to me, I warned you.
mattmurf77
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trying to get my article published..

Postby yetiboy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 am

Dude, seriously, if you really are looking to get an article published you need to learn spelling and at least a semblance of proper grammar. That was too painful to read all the way through - I didn't even finish it.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Re: Trying to get my article published..

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:10 pm

yetiboy wrote:Dude, seriously, if you really are looking to get an article published you need to learn spelling and at least a semblance of proper grammar. That was too painful to read all the way through - I didn't even finish it.

yeti

Six weeks after his post you decide to insult it? :-?

FYI, the Cafe has an editing team and a Head Scribe that handle article corrections and decisions on publishing. If an article is published, there is also an article feedback area to comment upon/rate the article.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Football Talk