Getting to know you........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

Getting to know you........

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Getting to know you........

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 am

I was thinkin yesterday, I have been playing with you guys in the LOD for a while now and really dont know that much about some of you guys. I have a few pretty good friends here in the LOD that I know too much about ;-) :-b . I thought it would be cool to introduce yourself and give a little bit of background on yourself, thats if you are not in the witness protection program*cough* Captain *cough. :-D I start the ball rollin and if you guys would like to follow feel free.

My name is Todd,38 years young, from the burbs of Detroit, closer to Ann Arbor area. Been married for going on 13 years now to my wonderful wife Michelle.(just in case she reads this) :-B We have 3 wonderful kids, Trevor who is 9, Alexis who is 6, and Ty who is going to be 5 in July. I love to fish, and collect and breed fish. I also have a passion for reptiles and amphibians. We have just 2 dogs left a Chinese Shar Pei and my wifes weiner dog who I believe is a vampire and will never die 8-o :-b

I attended the University of Michigan(GO BLUE) and I am currently employed by Toyota Motor Sports(Yes I still drive an American made Car). I love my job work with some really cool guys(all love football) so that makes the days a bit more enjoyable for me.

I love heavy metal/thrash music always have and always will. Looking forward to seeing Slayer this summer ;-D ;-D . Listening to the House of Hair as I write this now ;-D

My other hobbies outside of fantasy football include, mountain biking, which I trail every sunday morning in the offseason with a few buddies of mine. I am also currently pursing my black belt in Muay Thai. I currently have black belts in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do. Martial arts have been more of obsession of mine since I was 7. My father got me into it for the discipline, I have been in love with it ever since. My oldest son is currently a red belt 2nd degree gup in Tang Soo Do. I am very proud of him, he has come a long way and has focused on his goal the past 3 years. I play hockey once a week in a beer league with some friends that I have known and played hockey with for years. I would like to take up Golf one day, I am just so bad at it that its hard to golf with my buddies they are much better then me.

I am the youngest of 4 boys, thats what drove me in Martial Arts(tired of getting my ass kicked) :-b . I play in a couple of leagues with my oldest brother and my brother that is just above me in age. We all get along good now that we are older, that excludes football conversations :-D My oldest brother has been running leagues for the past 25 years now, good old USA today! He is the one that got me into this crazy obsession!Took over a team in one of his leagues one year and the rest is history. I play in a few leagues here and there outside of this one.Well one more now thanks to Sean(Captain). I enjoy fantasy football, takes my mind off the real world for a bit everyday and I am thankful for that!

Hoping to get to know more about each of you, this is a great group of guys here in the LOD. It is by far one of my favorite leagues.

Thanks,
Todd aka MSB

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Getting to know you........

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm

My name is Thom. I'm 39 years old. I have lived most of my life in a small (OK it was small years ago) town of Marysville, WA. It's about 30 minutes north of Seattle. I will be happily married for 10 years in September. I have two boys, who are 10 and three. I also have two dogs, (a Dachshund and a Jack Russell) and a hamster :-P .

The only time I did not live in Marysville was the four years I spent in the Air Force. I would have to say joining the military was the best decision I have ever made. If it were not for the military I would not be anywhere close in life where I am today. While in the Air Force I spent seven months in the United Arab Emirates during the first gulf war.

Shorty after leaving the Air Force I started working for GTE. I have been with the company for 16 years now and have survived the merger with Bell Atlantic to become Verizon and I hope to survive the sale to Frontier Communications :-o . I have held many job titles within those 16 years and currently I install FiOS.

I love NFL football and I bleed Seahawk Blue. I use to have season tickets back in my single days but with kids, pets, a wife, mortgage, etc, I had to give them up. I was at the NFC Championship game here at Qwest Field and have to say I will never forget that feeling. :-) ;-D :-D

My first year of fantasy football was back while I was in the Air Force. There was no internet sites back then so it was all done by hand and with the local sports section in the paper. After getting out of the military I did not play fantasy sports until a fiend asked me to play fantasy baseball. I didn't like fantasy baseball that much and gave it up after a few years. After the first season fantasy baseball I decided to gather up a few friends and start a fantasy football league. That first season we only had six teams and eventually it grew to 12 teams. Last year I dropped out of that league. I had passed the commissioner duties on the year before with plans on dropping out.

I have been in four cafe leagues so far. I was in two leagues that folded. One of the leagues that folded lasted 1 year and I can't even remember the name. The other was the National Freaks League. I took over a bad team and within a year won back to back championships. I would have one back to back to back last year but it folded right before the season started last year. Flot got me to take over a team in his Flex-Factor League. Looking forward to that since that will be my first time with a IDP league. Oh yea, can't forget this league. This is the best league I have ever been in. After finishing with the second best record in '07 and finishing with third highest points last year, anything short of defeating Flot in the championship game this year would be a disgrace. }:-)

Thom
SeaWolf
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Well, my name is Jesse, and "I am Canadian!" (that's for those of you who have been exposed to our lousy television and seen the ads - to the rest of you? Well, smile and nod).

I live in the hub of (executive) oil activity, Calgary. I moved out here in '96 when my then girlfriend, now wife, decided she wanted to move out West and go to school here. I was born and lived in Southern Ontario before the move, living in Toronto area, St Catherines, and Kingston.

I have two kids, Keegan (6) and Brianna (4). My son Keegan was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes just before his 4th birthday. It sucks, and it's lousy, but of any disease it's the only one that he/we choose the outcome and can control. Both kids play the good ol' Canadian sport, Lacrosse. My son is the fast one who can blaze his way up and down the rink. My daughter is also fast, but she is the one who will stand up to any boy twice her size and throw him down.

I started watching football as a kid, and I have great memories of sneaking to the television and staying up later than allowed and watching Monday Night football. My parents were not sports fans, and my brother is 10 years younger than me, so I'm not sure of where I got my love of football from, other than "It Rocks". Other than Football, I love mountain biking. I have some of the worlds best terrain out here in the foothills of the rockies. My screen name is derived from my bike, a Santa Cruz Heckler.

I got into Fantasy Football when a friend at work had convinced me from the negative connotations of the word "Fantasy", and talked me into joining a league with him. And it's all gone downhill from there!! I have since spent my time trying to convince Hockey Mad Canadians the gospel of FF. I have slowly made my workplace full of football fans! Bwahaha!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:59 pm

My name is Paul and I'm the 2 time defending champ of the LOD league.

I'll post the real "getting to know you" post when I have more time. :-B :-/ :-b :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:46 pm

SeaWolf wrote:anything short of defeating Flot in the championship game this year would be a disgrace. }:-)

;-D :-b :-B
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Legion of Doom