SF qb battle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

SF qb battle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

SF qb battle?

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm

So the same old story in SF, another year, another offensive coordinator(I think this is the 5th in 5yrs). I know that there new OC Raye is going to be a ball control, run first offense, and sure Iron Mike would have it no other way. So word is that Hill and Smith are going to battle it out for the #1 spot, and Singeltary won't play any favorites. They finally drafted a top notch wr with Crabtree(perfect for Bruce to take him under his wing), and there young wr's finally started to play well last year. Hopefully Davis will get his head out of his a$$ and start to produce like a #6 overall pick.
Hill has always been and underdog, shouldn't be out there, but when he is on the field they just win, almost like a newer version of Jay Fiedler from Miami.
Smith was there #1 pick, has never had a quality wr corp, a steady OC or been able to stay healthy. He actually did start to make strides under Norv Turner before he left for San Diego. I think that this is his last ditch effort to prove he isn't a bust in SF, so hopefully they can provide him stability and keep the same offensive system in play for two years in a row, which will benefit both qb's.

So who is going to start????

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... age/303369
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: SF qb battle?

Postby bmor8811 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 pm

How about ole Michael "Dog Lover" Vick? I'll take him as my dark horse here... unless Smith continues to make extreme progress.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Re: SF qb battle?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:39 pm

bmor8811 wrote:How about ole Michael "Dog Lover" Vick? I'll take him as my dark horse here... unless Smith continues to make extreme progress.

Vick isn't coming to SF trust me. Word on the local sports news is Singletary hasn't even thought about Vick.

From what I hear is they are about equal in the runing at this point. Going to have to wait till the end of preseason to know the answer to this one.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to San Francisco 49ers