Who goes #2 overall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who goes #2 overall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who goes #2 overall

Postby mrblitz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Who goes number 2 overall in a Redraft? Given AP goes number one. The quandry becomes, Turner, Forte, Jones Drew. Personally, I like MJD. But I really don't think you can go wrong with the other 2 either. Thoughts?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who goes #2 overall

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I like MJD there. He will get more carries this year and possibly more TD's. I still think they get someone else involved here but not as much as Freddie.

MJD also catches out of the backfoeld making him more valuable. Turner and Forte are up there to. The thing that worries me about Forte is his TD's. Turner will likely decline a bit to. MJD is the only one going in with a chance of beating last years numbers
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:36 pm

I agree with C4L- MJD over Turner. I don't think Forte deserves to be in the discussion.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Without having done a ton of research I would agree with MJD. I don't think Forte is out of the discussion though.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mikus » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Wow so is Turner out of this discussion? I know he was mentioned above, but does last season mean nothing? Isn't there some concern about MJD being able to shoulder the full load? Turner already proved he could do that and that Atlanta offense is only getting better. He should have more opportunities to score this year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bmor8811 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00 pm

PPR I'd lean towards MJD... Ball goes to Turner to me in a regular redraft though.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:37 pm

mikus wrote:Wow so is Turner out of this discussion? I know he was mentioned above, but does last season mean nothing? Isn't there some concern about MJD being able to shoulder the full load? Turner already proved he could do that and that Atlanta offense is only getting better. He should have more opportunities to score this year.

Lack of receptions really hurts Turner. He's like a beefed up Rudi Johnson. Those weeks without a TD can really hurt if you aren't pulling down catches. Even as a top5 RB last year,Turner had some pretty down weeks. If those multi-TD game don't come a frequently in 2009, Turner could quickly find himself in RB2 territory.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Wenchtamer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:54 am

PPR- MJD, Forte, Peterson, Turner

Non-PPR- Peterson, MJD, Turner, Forte
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 am

Kensat30 wrote:
mikus wrote:Wow so is Turner out of this discussion? I know he was mentioned above, but does last season mean nothing? Isn't there some concern about MJD being able to shoulder the full load? Turner already proved he could do that and that Atlanta offense is only getting better. He should have more opportunities to score this year.

Lack of receptions really hurts Turner. He's like a beefed up Rudi Johnson. Those weeks without a TD can really hurt if you aren't pulling down catches. Even as a top5 RB last year,Turner had some pretty down weeks. If those multi-TD game don't come a frequently in 2009, Turner could quickly find himself in RB2 territory.

Even in a non-PPR you would consider others before Turner at No. 2? I may have to rethink my running back rankings slightly, because it is a good point ... less touches, especially if the Falcons get behind.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bmor8811 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 pm

mikus wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:

Even in a non-PPR you would consider others before Turner at No. 2? I may have to rethink my running back rankings slightly, because it is a good point ... less touches, especially if the Falcons get behind.

Yea, I'm just not too terribly high on Turner. I'd still take him, now, I think, but with the emergence of Ryan and the addition of Tony G. and the growth of White I just see them opening it up a little bit more this season. This year for whatever reason if I don't have the top pick i'd rather be back around 7 and tiering from there. But yea Atlanta's definitely on the rise.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Next

Return to Football Talk