Best waiver settings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best waiver settings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best waiver settings?

Postby justinj312 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:30 am

Just wanted some input. Our Y! league is now doing weekly Sun - Tues waivers, but which waiver type do u guys suggest?

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list

Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

thanks for your help!
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Best waiver settings?

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:56 pm

weekly rolling list based on standings. This enables the lowest team to get first dibs, but then moves them out.

Have you considered a Free Agent Auction Budget. That works great!
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Those all stink. Free agent auction or blind bidding is way to go.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tom Cruise » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah, we are switching to blind bidding this season and all excited about it. We never liked the other approaches. Blind bidding or auctions actually makes the WW more strategic.

I love the idea from last year where West goes down and now Buckhalter is so important to the person who had Westy. But he's also important to the guy who is in the playoff race against the team that had Westy. Using just a standard rolling priority is boring and that bottom team gets Buckhalter. But if he's not paying attention, then another team gets him. No real strategy there.

But the blind bidding or auction gets a lot of teams involved and you hope you didn't blow your wad earlier in the season for someone else.
Tom Cruise
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby superflysocal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

I am new to Yahoo waivers. With Sun-Tues and First game-Tuesday being the only options, isn't too soon in the week. That gives most people only 1 day after the last game of the week to get a player off waiver? Or am i not understanding this right. I would prefer waiver to end on wednesday or thursday.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner