$200 buy-in Y! Keeper/Contract league needs owner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

$200 buy-in Y! Keeper/Contract league needs owner

Moderator: Football Moderators

$200 buy-in Y! Keeper/Contract league needs owner

Postby Jamester_main » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi there,

We are in our second season and we have an immediate opening for one of our 14 teams. A little bit of information about our league...

We use Yahoo, H2H, two divisions (7 teams each), Blind FAAB for free agents, and this is a keeper/contract league. Most of your questions can be answered on our league website: www.fscen.com. We use this site to communicate with one another in the off-season and to keep everything in the league organized.

Anyways, the settings are listed there on the website under Constitution, but they are pretty standard.

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF/ST, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Under positions we actually have 18 spots now. Two of the 18 are reserved for Rookies only. We have a 2 round rookie draft coming up in July and owners must keep those two rookies on their roster year around with those two roster spots. We also provide one IR spot so you can place one player on IR if the player just so happens to be one of your contracted players (like Brady last season...ouch).

The Scoring settings:

Completions .15
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions .5
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards 0
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 3
Block Kick 2
Return Yards 50 yards per point
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 15
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10
Points Allowed 7-13 points 7
Points Allowed 14-20 points 4
Points Allowed 21-27 points 1
Points Allowed 28-34 points -2
Points Allowed 35+ points -5

In regards to contracts it's really best to read our Constitution and then get with me if you have any questions. You can PM me on these forums or add me on Yahoo Messenger (which I prefer). Username is jeo_james1984

On the website under Teams you can look at Las Vegas FlaminAces as that is the team that needs an owner. In our upcoming drafts you would be drafting in 8th place and the draft does not snake. Your current players under contract are: QB Matt Hasselbeck (1 year), RB Darren McFadden (2 years), RB Leon Washington (2 years), WR Braylon Edwards (1 year), and Chicago DEF/ST (1 year). So you have a good core to start out with.

The league has a $200 buy-in, but it also has 100% payout (The payouts are listed in the Constitution...I believe its something like 1st-1300, 2nd-500, 3rd-250, div winners-300 each). We will be using LeagueSafe.com for payments so you can know your money is in safe hands.

This was a GREAT league last season with a good group of guys. They are all active (you have to be in this league) and fun to play with. If you are looking for a league that will be a challenge, pretty much all-year around, and one that will be around for a long time then this is the one.

Again if you are interested or have questions please let me know via these forums or by adding me on yahoo messenger (jeo_james1984). Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you.

Our Keeper league website = www.fscen.com
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: $200 buy-in Y! Keeper/Contract league needs owner

Postby Jamester_main » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:14 pm

I just want to say I know all of this might seem complicated at first glance it really isn't at all. It is just like any other league, but with a few more management things to make it feel more like a franchise league without getting too in-depth. Also, I realize some people are hestitant coming into a keeper league after the first season, but the way our league works all the teams stay pretty even to each other. This open team has some good contracted players (McFadden and Braylon are pretty darn good) to build on and you have the 8th pick in every round of the draft this year to build your team with. So if you would like to join a great league, but are a little worried with all the things to do in order to manage the team go ahead and join or ask me because I can easily bring you up to speed in a matter of minutes. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Again our league website.... www.fscen.com
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jamester_main » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 am

Also, our 2009 Rookie Draft begins on July 11th "message-board draft". So the sooner you join the better. We can get you all up to speed so you can better prepare for the Rookie Draft and then our regular Draft in August.
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jamester_main » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am

UPDATE

Looks like the economy is hitting us hard...we now have two managers that won't be returning this season due to struggling financial reasons. One bright note is that these were the two managers I was worried about returning; the other 12 of 14 teams should be good to go.

So if you visit our website (www.fscen.com) and look under TEAMS we have manager openings for:

LAS VEGAS FLAMINACES
Players under contract:
QB - Matt Hasselbeck (1 year remaining)
RB - Darren McFadden (2 years remaining)
RB - Leon Washington (2 years remaining)
WR - Braylon Edwards (1 year remaining)
DEF/ST - Chicago Bears (1 year remaining)

Draft position: 8 of 14 (draft does NOT snake)

CHICAGO GOODFELLAS
QB - Tony Romo (1 year remaining)
QB - Matt Ryan (2 years remaining)
RB - Marshawn Lynch (2 years remaining)
RB - Carnell Williams (1 year remaining)
WR - Deion Branch (1 year remaining)

Draft position: 6 of 14 (draft does NOT snake)

Again, once a team has a new owner you are free to change name/logo. However, the players under contract and your draft position will remain the same.

Please let me know if you are interested in either team or if you have any questions about our league. PM me on these forums, email me at admin@fscen.com, or ADD ME on yahoo messenger (jeo_james1984). Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jamester_main » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:46 am

still looking...anyone interested?
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby reeversma » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am

I'm former owner of Flamin Aces. League is legit. I just didn't like some of the rules that were changed after payment submitted and also wanted a higher money league.
reeversma
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jamester_main » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 am

The only things we changed after payments were submitted were...

1) FAAB for free agent acquisition (and this was being discussed while payments were being submitted).

2) Switching to CBS from Yahoo to support FAAB. We took a league vote of course and not one manager objected to either change. Everyone said they were willing to try FAAB, and some said while they would prefer to stick with Yahoo they didnt really care one way of another. - On a side note, we are back with Yahoo now that yahoo supports FAAB.

3) Adding a one year contract extension to give owners the opportunity to keep one player out of the 9-10 they would lose in the off-season (expiring contracts). Well as expected, even with the extensions, the player pool still has plenty of good talent left for this year's draft.

I recall you saying you didn't like the extension idea, but I dont recall hearing any other problems from you about the rules. I'm not to sure the rules had anything to do with you leaving. As stated in your email,

"I'm more a die hard baseball guy. I've always been in one football league a year but not keeper. I kind of lost interest when I couldn't get anyone interested in any two of moss/smith/edwards...i had trades turned down for 7th round guys. That tells me i must not get the keeper philosophy. I never liked the idea of 1 year add on contract either. You didn't add that until the end. Baseball has a ton more depth - football is very different."

You quit after about week 5 because you couldn't find a trade partner. I think your frustration over that whole ordeal had more to do with you leaving than anything. All of the other managers were happy with the league and the settings. I wish you would have stayed because I liked you, but I understand your reasons for leaving. Keeper leagues aren't for everyone.
Last edited by Jamester_main on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jamester_main » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 am

Update,

Another team (Houston Oilers) opened up and was quickly taken by a replacement manager. The previous owner had to quit due to financial and job concerns, but he enjoyed the league and wished us luck.

The other two teams (Las Vegas and Chicago) are still available...

I'm in talks with one guy about taking over the Las Vegas team, but as of now it is still OPEN.

Please let me know if you are interested. Our Rookie draft is July 18th so only a few weeks left to fill these teams!
Jamester_main
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Classifieds