The absolute WORST time of year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The absolute WORST time of year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The absolute WORST time of year

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Metroid wrote:If I had to choose between hockey, baseball, golf, soccer, tennis, NECKCAR, or CFL. I'm picking CFL all day long.

If I had to order the worst sports to watch on TV from those just mentioned it'd be:

1) tennis
2) baseball
3) golf
4) hockey
5) soccer
6) NECKCAR

With tennis being the most watchable and NECKCAR being completely unwatchable.

mine would be

1) Football
2) Baseball
3) Horse Racing
4) Hockey
5) Basketball (gets the nod because of college...the NBA :-P )
6) Golf
7) Volleyball - normal or beach
8) Tennis
9) Bowling
10) any other sport
11) NASCAR - gets the edge because of crash potential
12) Soccer
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah I didn't add my favorite sports to the list, this is just my least watchable sports list. I'd put bowling on my list just above soccer tied with hockey. and put poker just below NECKCAR since it's not really a sport. The crashes in car racing don't provide enough interest for me. I can catch the wrecks on Sporstcenter without having to sit through 3+ hours of people driving around in circles.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

And I thought I liked you Met... ;-7

I vote hockey #1 sport to watch...and that includes the NFL.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Metroid wrote:and put poker just below NECKCAR since it's not really a sport. The crashes in car racing don't provide enough interest for me. I can catch the wrecks on Sporstcenter without having to sit through 3+ hours of people driving around in circles.

you're not alone. I was flipping through channels and landed on the Brickyard 400 (no longer has the 'Allstate at the' name) as the green flag dropped. Lots and lots of empty seats. Indiana is on the worser side of things unemployment-rate wise.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 am

Caught some Yearbook on NFL Network. 2003 and 2004 Patriots back to back. Reaaaally made me miss football.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:26 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:And I thought I liked you Met... ;-7

Watching hockey over football? Hockey live? Maybe. Hockey on TV? Completely unwatchable.

Seriously, I'd rater watch a That's So Raven marathon than a Hockey game on TV. :-b
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:And I thought I liked you Met... ;-7

Watching hockey over football? Hockey live? Maybe. Hockey on TV? Completely unwatchable.

Seriously, I'd rater watch a That's So Raven marathon than a Hockey game on TV. :-b

At first I didn't love watching hockey on tv, but you get used to it. Part of the reason I love it could be because my favorite team (the capitals) are both very good and play a really fun-to-watch, up and down the ice style.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:14 pm

You kinda reinforce what I'm what I'm saying with your "at first I didn't love watching hockey on tv" and having to "get used to it" comments. If you have to force yourself to watch it...well that kinda says it all right there.

Watching hockey live vs. any other sport live is certainly debatable, I enjoy hockey live myself. Watching hockey on TV over football on TV....it's football by a mile.
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Metroid wrote:You kinda reinforce what I'm what I'm saying with your "at first I didn't love watching hockey on tv" and having to "get used to it" comments. If you have to force yourself to watch it...well that kinda says it all right there.

Watching hockey live vs. any other sport live is certainly debatable, I enjoy hockey live myself. Watching hockey on TV over football on TV....it's football by a mile.

I'm not sure I follow you. Why does what I said reinforce your point? :-? Regardless of what I may have thought the first time I watched hockey, I love watching it now. Similarly, I did not have much of an appreciation for football the first time I watched it, yet I love watching that now as well.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 pm

The fact that you "had to get used to it." It sounds like you didn't care for it on TV and had to force yourself to watch it because you loved the game. That's just not enjoyable to me and equals a not good viewing experience. I don't want to force myself to watch anything, and there is no way I could ever get used to watching hockey on TV. I've tried, ad nauseam, to get into hockey on the tube...I just can't do it. Same with soccer, I've tried hard to get into it. It's just not going to happen. On the other hand I fell in love with football the first moment I saw it on the tube, the game just works for TV viewing. Hockey really doesn't.

And again, I'm not knocking hockey as a sport, I really enjoy it live.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk