A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe

Moderator: Football Moderators

A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 am

The Cafe was created in 2002, and has gone a long way since. Being one of the most innovative sites out there, many of the features that are the gold standard of fantasy sports sites today have originated at the Cafe. The Cafe has helped me win many games and draft solid lineups and I am sure it has done the same for you. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always looking for people who would like to walk a stretch of the way together with us and help extend the frontier of what fantasy sites can offer. :-D

The number of activities available at the Cafe is simply enormous, so if you would like to join in and lend a hand (and why wouldn't you!), there's a 100% chance we can match you with a task that meets your talents and interests. If you're planning to give something back to the Cafe or your fellow members, simply looking for some more activity to participate in on your favorite site, or even longing to acquire skills that might help you pursue a future career in fantasy sports.

Very generally, areas include (but aren't limited to) writing, editing, managing, broadcasting, programming and pretty much anything slick and cool that holds a fantasy site together. :-b You can bring you own skills and ideas, or simply take ours. ;-)

Remember that this site is run by you, the Cafe members. It's a game of give and take, and the more you, the members, give to the Cafe, the more the Cafe will be able to give back to you. Regardless of whether you can help just once or five days a week, any assistance that you can provide is welcome. If you feel you can contribute one way or other, reply to this thread or contact dolfin99 via PM and he will not only answer any questions that you may have, but also set you up and get you going. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe

Postby bmor8811 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:The Cafe was created in 2002, and has gone a long way since. Being one of the most innovative sites out there, many of the features that are the gold standard of fantasy sports sites today have originated at the Cafe. The Cafe has helped me win many games and draft solid lineups and I am sure it has done the same for you. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always looking for people who would like to walk a stretch of the way together with us and help extend the frontier of what fantasy sites can offer. :-D

The number of activities available at the Cafe is simply enormous, so if you would like to join in and lend a hand (and why wouldn't you!), there's a 100% chance we can match you with a task that meets your talents and interests. If you're planning to give something back to the Cafe or your fellow members, simply looking for some more activity to participate in on your favorite site, or even longing to acquire skills that might help you pursue a future career in fantasy sports.

Very generally, areas include (but aren't limited to) writing, editing, managing, broadcasting, programming and pretty much anything slick and cool that holds a fantasy site together. :-b You can bring you own skills and ideas, or simply take ours. ;-)

Remember that this site is run by you, the Cafe members. It's a game of give and take, and the more you, the members, give to the Cafe, the more the Cafe will be able to give back to you. Regardless of whether you can help just once or five days a week, any assistance that you can provide is welcome. If you feel you can contribute one way or other, reply to this thread or contact dolfin99 via PM and he will not only answer any questions that you may have, but also set you up and get you going. ;-D

AWESOME! ;-D Just today as I was logging onto the Cafe from my iPhone I thought to myselfd as anyone thought of making an app for the Cafe? I know I could do it, but I dunno if there were any problems or other people trying it before. Let me know :-D
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby daullaz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:16 am

I believe you would be the first to try it. Go for it!
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:53 am

I have to ask, what is it you mean by managing?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:49 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I have to ask, what is it you mean by managing?

FFguru

Do not read that much into it and read it for what it is. As the post states, the options are endless including a managing piece...who knows ;-D

Also, I heard through the grapevine that you may be able to assist the Cafe in some way, is this accurate? :-D ;-D

Roy
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

well see, I took a programming class last year, but it wasn't really in depth and we didn't do much HTML, I'm a fast learner though. I don't know, I'd need some serious brushing up.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dolfin99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:well see, I took a programming class last year, but it wasn't really in depth and we didn't do much HTML, I'm a fast learner though. I don't know, I'd need some serious brushing up.

PM sent. ;-D
Dolfin99

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:16 pm

When I get more time I'm going to be getting back into working on the cafe wiki. I haven't had time to sit down and work on that in probably 3 months now I've been so busy. But hopefully I find more time for the cafe in the coming months as we start gearing back up for the new season! Speaking of which I'd love to moderate the Matchup Meltdown competition for 2009. My all time favorite cafe game and I've been wanting to do that for some time now. I'll definitely be very active around here come August and once the season starts and would run that game well. If joel is still around and is doing it again that's fine too but you can put my name in as a potential candidate for that. I know it's still a long ways away. :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Well I'm out of college and currently jobless (blah economy) so I am free to contribute... I was a history major so writing is among my capabilities. I am reasonably well versed in building websites as well as some graphic design. Let me know if you need some help.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:07 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:Well I'm out of college and currently jobless (blah economy) so I am free to contribute... I was a history major so writing is among my capabilities. I am reasonably well versed in building websites as well as some graphic design. Let me know if you need some help.

Has anyone contacted you?? 8-o
Dolfin99

Next

Return to Football Talk