A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: A small step for you, but a big one for the Cafe

Postby wildcat12785 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 pm

I'd really enjoy writing some pieces for the site. My background is an English major from Villanova University, and my job focuses on writing and editing content. I think with those skills, I could definitely help contribute to this site in some way.

I think on many sports sites (and even some fantasy sites), writers are limited to giving their perspective on fantasy football that is tailored specifically to one type of scoring. I'm involved in all different types of leagues: auction, snake, keeper, and strictly td (20 team league), where some have ppr, some don't, etc. Writing some pieces on how I approach those different types of drafts and seasons on a week-to-week basis might be interesting. I would be more than willing to help out in that endeavor, let me know.

Thanks, have really enjoyed this site.
wildcat12785
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

wildcat12785 wrote:I'd really enjoy writing some pieces for the site. My background is an English major from Villanova University, and my job focuses on writing and editing content. I think with those skills, I could definitely help contribute to this site in some way.

I think on many sports sites (and even some fantasy sites), writers are limited to giving their perspective on fantasy football that is tailored specifically to one type of scoring. I'm involved in all different types of leagues: auction, snake, keeper, and strictly td (20 team league), where some have ppr, some don't, etc. Writing some pieces on how I approach those different types of drafts and seasons on a week-to-week basis might be interesting. I would be more than willing to help out in that endeavor, let me know.

Thanks, have really enjoyed this site.

PM sent!!!
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SniperShot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am

SniperShot wrote: I'd love to moderate the Matchup Meltdown competition for 2009. My all time favorite cafe game and I've been wanting to do that for some time now.
Maybe? Possibly? Time is getting closer for getting those games rolling again... Exciting! :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:03 pm

SniperShot wrote:
SniperShot wrote: I'd love to moderate the Matchup Meltdown competition for 2009. My all time favorite cafe game and I've been wanting to do that for some time now.
Maybe? Possibly? Time is getting closer for getting those games rolling again... Exciting! :-)

Done!! Just coordinate with Joel as he is the other Mod. ;-D
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:

Done!! Just coordinate with Joel as he is the other Mod. ;-D

Actually I was going to do it this year. I'd welcome Sniper's help though. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby nflteamlinks » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:50 pm

FantasyFootballCafe.com is great site so keep up the good work!!!

Randy
Mod edit: Advert
nflteamlinks
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 am

I'd love to contribute to this site. I've always enjoyed the friendly community here and watching the forum grow!

I'm a moderator and beta tester on another set of forums for a European game company (very loquacious crew), so have related experience. I'm Ivy-League educated and hold a Master's Degree in History.

Hope I can be of service!
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:19 am

PM sent ;-D
Dolfin99

Postby funatic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 pm

I'd love to help. I work a lot with excel, and I have a background in statistics. Are there cafe stats that could be analyzed?
funatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rosetaylor01 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 am

hi
I must say nice step you are taking.
I am also with you to contribute.
Though I have a very busy Schedule but I would love to contribute as much I can...
I will defiantly help you...
rosetaylor01
Monday Morning Quarterback

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk