Cafe College Football Fantasy League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Cafe College Football Fantasy League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe College Football Fantasy League

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Lung drafted Blount right? Did he end up picking up LaMichael James too? :-)

He did draft Blount. No, I have James. I also have Quizz and Ingram, so I never know who to start each week.

Oh man, that's a rough...and pretty awesome problem to have. :-S :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:31 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Anyone want to update me on how this league is going? Also, I know I declined the invite to play this year, but I'd love to join next year if you do it again. ;-D

Hope you guys are enjoying it! :-D

This is my second year doing college fantasy football and I'm really enjoying it. Just like pro football, it helps you to get to know players from many different teams, and makes boring games or games with teams you might otherwise have no interest in worth watching. And better yet, by exposing you to college players, you'll have some familiarity and experience with them if/when they make the jump to the big league. It serves as some advance scouting, if you will.

As has been expressed previously, the CBS.Sports.com interface isn't optimum. It doesn't do fractional scoring, which is annoying, and there's not much flexibility in the setup of scoring rules - you are pretty much stuck with their default scoring. But they do the work for you, and it's better than nothing.

On a sour note, I was a little disappointed in some of the owner activity in the league. Managers such as 9BALLIN, Deeray, jayday, HskrPwr13, Wolverines#1(stomperrob), & Razzle Dazzle were highly active and made transactions throughout the year in order to stay competitive. 3 other managers however started injured players or players on bye week. It's no fun when managers don't check their lineups, and start injured players or players on bye week, or abandon their teams as "ghost ships" altogether. Due to owner inactivity, 3 managers will not be invited back next year.

So, A Fleshner Fantasy (and anyone else who is reading this and has interest) we will definitely have a spot for you next year! ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 am

The Lung wrote:So, A Fleshner Fantasy (and anyone else who is reading this and has interest) we will definitely have a spot for you next year! ;-D

Would it be a bad decision to draft Nick Sheridan in the first round? ;-)

(3rd string Michigan QB in case you're wondering)

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:42 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
The Lung wrote:So, A Fleshner Fantasy (and anyone else who is reading this and has interest) we will definitely have a spot for you next year! ;-D

Would it be a bad decision to draft Nick Sheridan in the first round? ;-)

(3rd string Michigan QB in case you're wondering)

Not at all. I would welcome you to draft him in the third round. Heck, I think you should take him with the 1 overall pick, especially if I am 2. :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Possible first round picks next year, assuming draft-eligible players don't declare for the 2010 NFL Draft:

Quarterbacks:
Case Keenum, HOU
Colin Kaepernick, NEV
Kellen Moore, BST
Terrelle Pryor, OHST

Running Backs:
Dion Lewis, PITT
Jacquizz Rodgers, ORST
Bernard Pierce, Temple
Mark Ingram, AL
LaMichael James, OR
John Clay, WIS
Donald Buckram, TXEP

Wide Receivers:
Eric Page, Toledo
James Rodgers, ORST
Greg Salas, Hawaii
Antonio Brown, CMI
A.J. Green, GA
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:01 am

No way I would take Pryor in the first round
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:48 am

deerayfan072 wrote:No way I would take Pryor in the first round

I wouldn't either, but he's the 16th ranked QB this year and many of those QBs are seniors or will be declaring for the draft. Pryor also has name recognition from "real life" which may lead to him being drafted before he should.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 am

The Lung wrote:

I wouldn't either, but he's the 16th ranked QB this year and many of those QBs are seniors or will be declaring for the draft. Pryor also has name recognition from "real life" which may lead to him being drafted before he should.

Don't forget Mallet. I would take him over Pryor anyday, and he could go very high because the ARK offense will only get better another year in the system
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:26 pm

The Lung wrote:

Normally I'd agree about name recognition, but I feel like since everyone in the league will be pretty knowledgeable, that won't play as much of a factor as you'd think.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sandrock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Two Oregon State players on the same list? What?
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football