Cafe College Football Fantasy League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Cafe College Football Fantasy League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe College Football Fantasy League

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:38 pm

It's actually more of a factor than you think. Tim Tebow went #2 overall in the draft this year, and he's currently the #17 ranked QB. After losing Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy to the NFL, a drop-off should have been expected.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Sandrock wrote:Two Oregon State players on the same list? What?

Dood, the Rodgers brothers are STUDS. Quizz is currently ranked the #3 RB in college fantasy football, and James is the #11 WR. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm

The Lung wrote:It's actually more of a factor than you think. Tim Tebow went #2 overall in the draft this year, and he's currently the #17 ranked QB. After losing Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy to the NFL, a drop-off should have been expected.

Easy to say now, but it was not expected by the "experts". Look around the CFF preseason rankings and Tebow was anywhere from 2-6 at QB. CFFI and Athlon had him 3 and 2 respectively
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:36 pm

James could potentially have a down year next year with a new starter at QB, although both guys in the running for next year have huge arms, just absolutely no experience.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am

Sandrock wrote:James could potentially have a down year next year with a new starter at QB, although both guys in the running for next year have huge arms, just absolutely no experience.

The James Brothers have been awesome for my team this year ;-D I think both are good enough to have solid seasons next year even with an inexperianced QB
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Sandrock wrote:James could potentially have a down year next year with a new starter at QB, although both guys in the running for next year have huge arms, just absolutely no experience.

The James Brothers have been awesome for my team this year ;-D I think both are good enough to have solid seasons next year even with an inexperianced QB

I don't think Jacquizz will have any sort of down slide, which is why I didn't mention him. If anything, he'll get a lot more touches in the passing game with screens and short check downs while Katz or Lalich are really getting a feel for the system. Riley's pro system has been brutal on quarterbacks their first year (see Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Lyle Moevao and Sean Canfield). That being the case, I can definitely see the down field production dropping off a bit early in the season, which will lower James' numbers significantly.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 pm

I just realized that if I win this week I will be without the Rodgers brothers and James next week for the finals :~( !+)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I just realized that if I win this week I will be without the Rodgers brothers and James next week for the finals :~( !+)

yeah that's brutal. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:01 pm

At least you have WR Donario Alexander. I had him on my roster for a bit earlier this season and could just kick myself for dropping him. In his last five games, dude has caught 46 passes for 791 yards and seven touchdowns. 8-o

:~(
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:13 am

Update for those interested:

Lung beat 9ballin and I beat Rob this week, so the finals are Lung v. Me.

I as said before, however, I am without the Rodgers boys and James. I hope I can find a solid fill in off the wire. :-o

Good luck Lung ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football