Ford Speaks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Ford Speaks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ford Speaks

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am

The Lord of our Village idiots spoke out at camp yesterday on subjects ranging from DoorMatt Millen, NimRod Marinelli, his confidence in the new Stooges- Mayhew, Lewand & The Schwartz. Check out MLive.com for more: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/06/lions_owner_william_clay_ford_1.html

Here is my favorite quote. I think it is symbolic for the rot of blame-shilfting and scapegoating the runs rampant throughout this organization.

On why things might be different now:
"Well, this is going to sound a little egotistical, and maybe it is, but because this was solely my decision."

Ford said it was solely his decision to hire Martin Mayhew as general manager, Tom Lewand as team president and Jim Schwartz as coach.

"Rather than being influenced by a lot of other thoughts and people who -- I respected their opinions -- but they were not exactly the same as mine, which is fine. But they influenced the decisions that were finally made. If Jim Schwartz doesn't work out, you can blame me 100 percent. I just have confidence in him."

Ahh, so it wasn't his fault! Now we're getting somewhere. To further clarify why Lord Ford is the head of the Rot at Allen Park consider these quotes:

On rumors that he orders coaches to play certain players:
"I do not, contrary to public opinion, interfere with the football side of it.

Earlier, however, when discussing hiring of The Schwartz he alluded to doing just that:

Ford was hesitant to say he would have overruled Mayhew and Lewand if they had wanted another coach, but Ford appeared adamant about who would get the job.

"We would've had a long discussion," said Ford, adding he was determined to make his own calls this time around.

So how on Earth are we to have any hope when your owner is clearly a two-faced, scapegoating owner who at best appears ignorant to his role in the lack of accountability in this organization.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ford Speaks

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:18 pm

moochman wrote:So how on Earth are we to have any hope when your owner is clearly a two-faced, scapegoating owner who at best appears ignorant to his role in the lack of accountability in this organization.

Hope? Are you looking for hope? Don't you see it? It is right there in front of your eyes?

The way I read this is that he is taking responsibility for everything, hiring, firing, it was all him, nobody else. So, what does that mean? The old man is going to kick the bucket soon. 8-o Yep, I said it. When Jr. takes over he make any changes he wants and it will be in the right direction, because the old decisions were all from Sr.(who clearly knows nothing about football).

Contrary to my above statements, I really, really like the Swartz hire and continue to like it ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Re: Ford Speaks

Postby moochman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:10 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:So how on Earth are we to have any hope when your owner is clearly a two-faced, scapegoating owner who at best appears ignorant to his role in the lack of accountability in this organization.

Hope? Are you looking for hope? Don't you see it? It is right there in front of your eyes?

The way I read this is that he is taking responsibility for everything, hiring, firing, it was all him, nobody else. So, what does that mean? The old man is going to kick the bucket soon. 8-o Yep, I said it. When Jr. takes over he make any changes he wants and it will be in the right direction, because the old decisions were all from Sr.(who clearly knows nothing about football).

Contrary to my above statements, I really, really like the Swartz hire and continue to like it ;-D

Other than the hiring of another head coach with no experience I have no issue with The Schwartz either.
You may be hearing Ford taking full responsibility, but I hear an old fool who is absolving himself of all the mistakes made this century. He alludes to Jr. influencing the hiring of Door Matt, then Door Matt hiring coaches he didn't want. He talks about never interfering with football decisions, then says he would have had to talk to puppet Mayhew if he didn't hire his guy. How do we know that he isn't just as instrumental on the drafting of Blueskies and Sta-FORD? Mind you, I liked drafting Sta-FORD.
The only reason Lord Ford is saying that this time will be different is that he saw less furniture (fans) in his house. He stills views the furniture as dumb enough to buy whatever ignorance comes out of his mouth.
Obviously I am fed up with our Lord Ford. While I wish death on no man, I will no grieve his passing.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions