Trade: Alexander for Northcutt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Trade: Alexander for Northcutt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Alexander for Northcutt

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 pm

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/200 ... _alex.html

Trading away secondary depth for another receiver... Blah. Alexander has some potential, Northcutt is a 3rd reciever at best and on the decline.

Not good IMO.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade: Alexander for Northcutt

Postby moochman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:18 pm

I wonder what this trade means? Has The Schwartz already declared that the dude (Williams? from PSU) we drafted to return kicks has proven himself not to be up to the task? Northcutt does have return skills.
Does it mean the secondary is better than expected? Or that Alexander sucks?
Does it mean Delmas is so good that the other scrubs will do in limited roles?
Or is The Schwartz in love with the people he has brought in. A scarey thought,if you ask me, since my optimism is still deep in a dark tunnel, trying to dig its way out. And the shovels and picks are gone to Chicago.
Or, am I merely blabbering incessently, having too many cold ones coursing trough my systems?

I think it means K Williams is too injury prone, slow, talentless to fulfill the role and The Schwartz loves his guys. And Delmas is a BEAST!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 am

meh...i dont have any strong feelings either way

Alexander has a decent rookie season but has been pretty injury prone. we still have 2 2nd round Safteys in Delmas and Bullocks, and castoffs like Schwiegert and some other veteran guy who started for some teams (marquand Manuel?)...i think Delmas will be a nice SS, so hopefully one of the others can play FS with some decent depth

Northcutt isnt special, but at least he's a vet who can hopefully play the slot mistake free while our rookies and garbage like Curry get up to speed...or fizzle out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:36 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:meh...i dont have any strong feelings either way

Alexander has a decent rookie season but has been pretty injury prone. we still have 2 2nd round Safteys in Delmas and Bullocks, and castoffs like Schwiegert and some other veteran guy who started for some teams (marquand Manuel?)...i think Delmas will be a nice SS, so hopefully one of the others can play FS with some decent depth

Northcutt isnt special, but at least he's a vet who can hopefully play the slot mistake free while our rookies and garbage like Curry get up to speed...or fizzle out

Sounds like the Lions would rather move Henry to safety as well, they just have no adequate replacement for him at corner, so we'll see. I still don't like it.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Detroit Lions