Looking for advice on a good dynasty league website. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Looking for advice on a good dynasty league website.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Looking for advice on a good dynasty league website.

Postby biju » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

dream_017 wrote:The fantasy points are already calculated on both sites based on your scoring, so why do you need total yards, when you can look at total fantasy points :-? Yes, I did ask the question, and yes, I wasn't able to get the specific criteria you asked, but as I mentioned, what do you need it for.

There are a number of templates that are out there for MFL that you can use. You continue to say that it takes weeks or years to customize it to your specifications to even get it remotely usable which is not correct either. Anyone that has played fantasy football or used a FF website before should be able to find everything that they need in order to compete.

I find that being able to separate total yards from TDs and fantasy points is a huge advantage for forward projections to me. How about which team had the most punt returns for TDs then? Wouldn't you want to know how your defense scored their points and stacked up against the other teams?

I'm fine also with agreeing to the fact that your way of playing fantasy football differs from mine. I need to have those stats. You apparently don't need those. Personally I'd rather be armed with information when it comes to playing the game, rather than being able to change around how the front page looks. The limitation of each website tends to favor the way I want to play. Maybe that CBS limitation isn't the way you want to play.

biju wrote:There are lots of people who talk about how great that customization is, but I've yet to hear a single reason *why* I need that.

So, on CBS you are creating this customized report and I don't see a single reason why I would need that ;-7

Again, deflection and not actually answering the question. I explained why I would want them. You still haven't produced your reasoning.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:46 am

Again, I play on both sites and have for a long time. I prefer MFL. I actually don't use either of the stat reports all that much on either. I go to a different site when I do any kind of stat comparison. ;-)

biju wrote:How about which team had the most punt returns for TDs then? Wouldn't you want to know how your defense scored their points and stacked up against the other teams?

I play IDP, so I don't need to know teams, just players :^ and they have it available to look up by returners ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby spodog » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm

biju wrote: . . .for those of you who say that's not the case, go to MFL and tell me which RB was ranked 25th in overall yards from scrimmage . . .

There's a pretty good web site for these type of statistics, maybe you've heard of it . . . http://www.nfl.com

Now, biju and dream: back to your corners!
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

spodog wrote:
biju wrote: . . .for those of you who say that's not the case, go to MFL and tell me which RB was ranked 25th in overall yards from scrimmage . . .

There's a pretty good web site for these type of statistics, maybe you've heard of it . . . http://www.nfl.com

Now, biju and dream: back to your corners!

Certainly there are better sites for stat comparison if you wish to do it exactly once and never again. I like CBS because I can save my report to be run whenever I need to. Again, I don't expect everyone to use their website or play the way I do but this--along with a list of grievances I have--is part of the reason why I don't prefer MFL over CBS. I just think that instead of giving a general glowing report of MFL we should actually give the full assessment. Just because one person uses or doesn't use a particular feature doesn't mean that is the same for everyone.

I think compiling a list of features across all of the competing fantasy football platforms would be extremely beneficial to everyone. I wouldn't mind doing it but I certainly don't have the time to do this within the next week. However if someone wants to start listing out the various websites--or more importantly the features--we can start compiling these. If you give me until the end of July I can most certainly find the time to do this.

Thoughts? ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am

I try to not do any dynasties that are anything other then Flea Flicker or MFL honestly...Besides once I start to get a profile built up with multiple leagues on one certain site, I try to keep that going there.

It bothers me that I can only have like 5 teams on yahoo and I have a really good profile that I built for a long time on my original yahoo name, so it seems like all the leagues I end up playing on that name will be quick playoff exits and the only championships I won were on other names I made strictly to play and never check or do anything on.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 am

biju wrote:Certainly there are better sites for stat comparison if you wish to do it exactly once and never again. I like CBS because I can save my report to be run whenever I need to. Again, I don't expect everyone to use their website or play the way I do but this--along with a list of grievances I have--is part of the reason why I don't prefer MFL over CBS. I just think that instead of giving a general glowing report of MFL we should actually give the full assessment. Just because one person uses or doesn't use a particular feature doesn't mean that is the same for everyone.

So, by me playing on both sites (for years) and liking MFL better is giving a glowing report and not giving a full assesment of it :-? I have never said that it is wrong for you to like CBS over MFL. The majority of people I come across and have played with prefer MFL. You can play wherever you want, when people ask me for my opinion, I'll tell them the same things until a site changes or a new one is created:
free: fleaflicker
pay: MFL
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:44 am

To answer a couple of questions...

We too use MFL, the customization is great.
The way we draft is to do it offline, with the commish (or someone else) updating picks as we go along in their live draft room. With the ability to freeze the clock everything works smoothly w/ breaks.

What this also allows is for those folks who are unable to make the draft (and we are spread out more these days) just for a couple picks to set up a draft list OR draft remotely while the rest of us live draft. I actually live drafted from a hotel conference room a couple years back while at a work function.

To the question about rookie drafts...

We have 20 man rosters with a 4 man taxi squad (protected but raidable players, thanks MFL). We keep 18 from year to year, and have a six round rookie/FA draft.

We have rosters at 28 until the day before opening day, so you can keep all draft picks and backups protected, regardless of the number of picks you wind up with. We have it set for two years of picks showing at any time, with 3 years in the offseason, meaning you can deal right now for 2009, 2010, 2011 picks (just traded my 9th pick (1st) this year for a 2010 2nd and a 2011 1st).
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner