Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is the Cafe withering?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Whoa! I come back to check out a few threads/articles and got myself totally lost. Please re-direct me to the old Cafe :-b

BTW, Fantasy Cockpit.. sounds a little shaky, imo ;-)

Whats up to everyone who knows me, and whats up to those who don't. I havent been around in awhile but I do love some of the Cafe's threads(especially the RB watch thread) Best out of any site.

I'd post more often but I am just too lazy to sit and type out posts b/c I work with computers all day. I dont ever want to see one when I get home :-b

What up J2! Glad to see you around again. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Whoa! I come back to check out a few threads/articles and got myself totally lost. Please re-direct me to the old Cafe :-b

BTW, Fantasy Cockpit.. sounds a little shaky, imo ;-)

Whats up to everyone who knows me, and whats up to those who don't. I havent been around in awhile but I do love some of the Cafe's threads(especially the RB watch thread) Best out of any site.

I'd post more often but I am just too lazy to sit and type out posts b/c I work with computers all day. I dont ever want to see one when I get home :-b

What up J2! Glad to see you around again. ;-D

Seriously, where ya been man, you should definitely hang out around here more often... apparently we're withering! :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Skins Fanatic » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Not that I'm one of those 10k post people, but I've gotten more into baseball than ever this year, and just started preparing for football this week in advance of my first of 4 drafts this Sunday. Baseball is an underrated game, and could be the reason for some of the offseason dropoff. I did use the baseball side for the first time this year, and thought it was extremely useful. A bit more bickering than this side, but useful nonetheless.

The new organization isn't that cool. Someone was trying too hard with the "pimp my squad," but once I got used to it it was fine. Cafe 4eva (how's that for trying hard).
Skins Fanatic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SniperShot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 pm

The Cafe typically slows way down from May through early August. things should begin to pick up big time shortly. Lots of leagues hold their drafts right at the end of preseason or the last week of preseason. Then of course all the cafe games start up and the start/sit advice explodes. Exciting and fun times! :-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Skins Fanatic wrote:Not that I'm one of those 10k post people, but I've gotten more into baseball than ever this year, and just started preparing for football this week in advance of my first of 4 drafts this Sunday. Baseball is an underrated game, and could be the reason for some of the offseason dropoff. I did use the baseball side for the first time this year, and thought it was extremely useful. A bit more bickering than this side, but useful nonetheless.

The new organization isn't that cool. Someone was trying too hard with the "pimp my squad," but once I got used to it it was fine. Cafe 4eva (how's that for trying hard).

I believe that, in honor to Queen Brett, we have forbidden the use of the #4 in any way.
I even told my GF that there will be no more 4-play.

She must be a fan of the Cafe, cause she just laughed and I am sure she mentioned withering. :-?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 pm

moochman wrote:
Skins Fanatic wrote:Not that I'm one of those 10k post people, but I've gotten more into baseball than ever this year, and just started preparing for football this week in advance of my first of 4 drafts this Sunday. Baseball is an underrated game, and could be the reason for some of the offseason dropoff. I did use the baseball side for the first time this year, and thought it was extremely useful. A bit more bickering than this side, but useful nonetheless.

I believe that, in honor to Queen Brett, we have forbidden the use of the #4 in any way.
I even told my GF that there will be no more 4-play.

She must be a fan of the Cafe, cause she just laughed and I am sure she mentioned withering. :-?

You going for the Jester icon, Mooch? :-D :-b
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:19 am

Hey, I may lack intergrity in all else I do, but I am not an icon ho. :-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 pm

I have to say that the traffic does seem way down, which is too bad. I remember it always being lit up around this time last year when i really became a huge fan of this site.
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:50 pm

moochman wrote:Hey, I may lack intergrity in all else I do, but I am not an icon ho. :-D

You're not an icon ho, but you are our big toe.

Uncle Hulka? :-?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:56 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
moochman wrote:Hey, I may lack intergrity in all else I do, but I am not an icon ho. :-D

You're not an icon ho, but you are our big toe.

Uncle Hulka? :-?

That's it, the Big Toe. Its just my way of saying "Lighten up, Francis"

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk