Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is the Cafe withering?

Postby PuntinFool » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Maybe the downturn in traffic is because no one watches sports anymore ... O:-)

I think it's a pity when certain members leave our company, but there's all sorts of threads, forums and games going on here at the Cafe that one can take 'leaving' too seriously. Like people have mentioned, there are many reasons why one would split from the Cafe. I still think it's a very well-informed resource and is my go-to for discussions. The people here seem more informed and usually take the time to back up their opinions. Other places sometimes make you feel that you are conversing with 10 year olds with they way people type.
Retired (temporarily?) from fantasy football.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is it a good sign that a tread about the Cafe withering gets over 60 posts and a thousand views?

160 and over 4k now. Definitely withering.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby brett5673 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Its probably not a good sign that the hottest topic on the forum is if its dying out or not. like you basically just said
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:13 pm

brett5673 wrote:Its probably not a good sign that the hottest topic on the forum is if its dying out or not. like you basically just said

Hotest topic? hmm lets see... this thread here viewtopic.php?t=438742 is a month younger, and has 5500+ views.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby mrblitz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 pm

All I know is, I've been seeing a considerable amount more of traffic at some other FF sites.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 pm

mrblitz wrote:All I know is, I've been seeing a considerable amount more of traffic at some other FF sites.

Yeah. I'm thinking this might be because the Cafe doesn't really run it's own fantasy football game (sure this has already been mentioned). We have leagues, but we don't run a true fantasy game here. People would rather "one-stop shop" then find their FF info from different spots.

There's also the fact that this site is based mainly on the forums. Forums are based off of the opinions of an anonymous user, and people really need to sort through the different opinions and think about the facts presented. These forums really force people to think, as there is usually a good argument made by both sides. while reading someone like funston on yahoo isn't as beneficial as reading the Tomlinson thread, it is a lot easier and you don't need to think afterward about where you should draft LT, Funston pretty much tells you where to do this.

I honestly am not sure that there are that many hardcore fans out there that want to take the time to read the Cafe. The Cafe has also expanded to the point that it's now quite cluttered; this is the only forum I visit personally....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Most users ever online was 1075 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm.

888 users online right now.

Yea, withering.

::: rolls eyes :::
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 am

The Lung wrote:Most users ever online was 1075 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm.

Yea, withering.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Actually, I'm lying. I do know what you're trying to prove here. But you didn't do it. The Cafe is better than it has been but still not as good as it was.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:59 am

I can't see much ever causing this forum to be obsolete short from banning all sports. This is by far the best fantasy sports forum for all major sports. Other forums have posts on their front pages from last year. Once the season starts these forums will be crazy.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Matthias wrote:
The Lung wrote:Most users ever online was 1075 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm.

Yea, withering.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Actually, I'm lying. I do know what you're trying to prove here. But you didn't do it. The Cafe is better than it has been but still not as good as it was.

So maybe, still lots of viewers but not enough "contributors"??? :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk