Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is the Cafe withering?

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Matthias wrote:
The Lung wrote:Most users ever online was 1075 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm.

888 users online right now.

Yea, withering.

::: rolls eyes :::

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Actually, I'm lying. I do know what you're trying to prove here. But you didn't do it. The Cafe is better than it has been but still not as good as it was.

So maybe, still lots of viewers but not enough "contributors"??? :-?

Or lots of people doing (in my eyes) low-value things like posting in Start/Bench or DTK&W. This was all hashed out last summer and I don't have much desire to do it again. So in three sentences, for me the value of the Cafe = the value of Leftovers. When the activity and the quality of information in Leftovers is good, the Cafe is good. The activity and quality of information in Leftovers is better than it was last off-season but not as good as it was say 4 or 5 seasons ago (in my eyes).
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silverZ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm

I remember the football leftovers being as good as the baseball leftovers when I first started visiting this site 5 years ago. I didn't visit for another 3-4 years after that, then when I came back last year it felt like a shadow of it's former self. I guess everybody moved to the rotoworld forums or something? The baseball leftovers is still going as strong as ever so I have no idea really. :-?
circa 2005
silverZ
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

silverZ wrote:I remember the football leftovers being as good as the baseball leftovers when I first started visiting this site 5 years ago. I didn't visit for another 3-4 years after that, then when I came back last year it felt like a shadow of it's former self. I guess everybody moved to the rotoworld forums or something? The baseball leftovers is still going as strong as ever so I have no idea really. :-?

Two ways I could go here...

1 - "that's cause I post there"

Nah, that ain't right...

2 - "No it's not."

Going with this one. ;-D Leftovers is still my jam over on the Dark Side, but it's not what it was in '06, and I'm far from a "remember the good ol' days" type of guy.

Either way, on topic, there have definitely been improvements here ( ;-D) but anybody saying it's what it was is lying.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
silverZ wrote:I remember the football leftovers being as good as the baseball leftovers when I first started visiting this site 5 years ago. I didn't visit for another 3-4 years after that, then when I came back last year it felt like a shadow of it's former self. I guess everybody moved to the rotoworld forums or something? The baseball leftovers is still going as strong as ever so I have no idea really. :-?

Nah, that ain't right...

2 - "No it's not."

Going with this one. ;-D Leftovers is still my jam over on the Dark Side, but it's not what it was in '06, and I'm far from a "remember the good ol' days" type of guy.

Either way, on topic, there have definitely been improvements here ( ;-D) but anybody saying it's what it was is lying.

"The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't..."

Nothing ever stays the same and not many things get better with age, except maybe wine. That is especially true for a website that is run by a collection of unpaid volunteers. With that said, everyone knows last year was a down year. And while this year may not be what people remember 4 or 5 years ago, we do have a lot of great things going on this year. The number of articles published in the preseason has been massive. We've had 3 mock drafts, preseason early rankings, preseason updated rankings, and tons of sleeper information. DTKW and Roster Ratings are always favorites and the first page has been filled with posts only a few hours old versus days old. Plus we're officially sponsoring a new Cafe game (Survivor - head on over to play). We've also updated the Board Index slightly to make things a little easier. Finally, did you guys see we broke a record for most users ever online?

It really has been a great off season. And I'm looking forward to a great season of NFL and fantasy football. A big thanks to everyone who put forth all of those volunteer hours. You deserve a raise. ;-)

With that said, let's get rid of this miserable, misnomer. Hope you don't mind spodog. But really, the cafe may not be in its heydey, but it certainly ain't withering no more. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 am

joejlitz wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Nah, that ain't right...

2 - "No it's not."

"The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't..."

Nothing ever stays the same and not many things get better with age, except maybe wine. That is especially true for a website that is run by a collection of unpaid volunteers. With that said, everyone knows last year was a down year. And while this year may not be what people remember 4 or 5 years ago, we do have a lot of great things going on this year. The number of articles published in the preseason has been massive. We've had 3 mock drafts, preseason early rankings, preseason updated rankings, and tons of sleeper information. DTKW and Roster Ratings are always favorites and the first page has been filled with posts only a few hours old versus days old. Plus we're officially sponsoring a new Cafe game (Survivor - head on over to play). We've also updated the Board Index slightly to make things a little easier. Finally, did you guys see we broke a record for most users ever online?

It really has been a great off season. And I'm looking forward to a great season of NFL and fantasy football. A big thanks to everyone who put forth all of those volunteer hours. You deserve a raise. ;-)

With that said, let's get rid of this miserable, misnomer. Hope you don't mind spodog. But really, the cafe may not be in its heydey, but it certainly ain't withering no more. ;-D

Great post, Joe, and big thanks especially to the writers that have stepped up to produce quality content over the last month or two. Over this past week, we've had 50 comments on the articles, and all of them have been well thought out and valuable to the community aspect of our site. At FanHouse, we may go a whole month (or more) before getting 50 comments, so I think the Cafe community is still rolling along at a very strong pace.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Previous

Return to Football Talk