Economy's impact on Fantasy Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Economy's impact on Fantasy Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Economy's impact on Fantasy Football

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Absolutely. Some people may have to work more hours leaving less time to play and fantasy sites may feel a need to find new revenue to recoup lost paid memberships. They could start trying to find a way to charge us for stats again, or some other unknown thing. Heck, if the NFL starts not making as much money, Kaiser Goodell could decree that the league will no longer authorise the use of their stats for free.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Economy's impact on Fantasy Football

Postby hermitkendle » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:49 pm

It most definatly has had a major impact. I myself have lost my job and I have alot of free time. I have the extra time to find out more info and search everyplace for more info on players. I have friends calling me up asking me who they should trade for or draft, because they know I have the extra time and I can give them alot of info. I myself seem to know all of the little things going on, I pay attention to the OTA's. So I know for myself my emails have been increasing and getting more phone calls from people that want help.
I also agree cost will go down on sites, hell yahoo is giving stat tracker free this season, that was 10 dollars.
hermitkendle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk