Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Draft & Season Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 am

You know the drill. ;-D

I hope everyone has a happy & safe 4th of July. Good luck everyone. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Sorry guys, I was up in the mountains for the 4th and wasn't able to get a signal on my phone to use the data plan on it.

No need to apologize FB. We don't officially start until tomorrow. I hope you had a great time! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 pm

The Lung wrote:FYI, my PM to Santacruzer is still unread.

He lives in Calgary, they dont know how to tell the correct time up there. Cruzer I am sure will have his pick in tonight.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:25 am

mutantseabass wrote:He lives in Calgary, they dont know how to tell the correct time up there. Cruzer I am sure will have his pick in tonight.

July 4th!?! What the...???? Yeah, us crazy canucks go by the 28 hour clock. :-b

I was away this weekend for my anniversary and we traveled back this morning. I honestly forgot that we started this weekend :-* Thanks for everyone's patience.

I'm working evenings again, so I will get my picks in during the day, or when I get home in the wee hours of the night.

And how did I end up with the lousy 5th overall pick!?!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 am

LOL at above. :-b

I paused the draft because SantaCruzer editted his pick to a different player. We do not have a specific rule in place for this, but once a pick is posted, the pick should NEVER be editted unless that player was already taken. The pick was changed from SJax to Fitz.

MSB has agreed to replace dream as co-commish. I'm going to PM him about this. Since noone picked after Cruzer yet, I'm thinking that we should reverse the pick, and add an "official" rule about this to the rules & settings. MSB & I will most likely make the final decision, but please post your thoughts here. Should we reverse the pick? Or should we allow the editted pick this time (since no official rule was in place), and then add a new "official" rule about this? :-?

It's my bad for not having this rule in our rules & settings. :-/ This is really an unwritten rule IMO, but we're obviously going to have a written rule on this from now on (either way). ;-D

Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am

I agree to reverse the pick. Picks should not be edited/changed once they have been posted
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:54 am

I agree that this should definitely be a rule, no editing the pick once it's made.

Since no pick was made after this time though and the rule wasn't stated yet, I'm fine with either leaving the pick or reversing it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Sorry guys. I will switch my pick back.

I thought that I could make the switch since no one else had made the pick following mine, and being just a few minutes later.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Santacruzer wrote:Sorry guys. I will switch my pick back.

I thought that I could make the switch since no one else had made the pick following mine, and being just a few minutes later.

No problem Cruzer. Like I said before, it's really my fault for not having it in the rules & settings. It's more like an unwritten rule. Now it's a written rule! Thanks for understanding. ;-D

PS: What I said in my last PM still applies...just let me know. ;-D

EDIT: The draft is unpaused! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:24 pm

I PMed & emailed ski. He hasn't been around the Cafe since March (last post) so I'm a little worried here. We'll be lenient with the clock...especially since it's the 1st round. If ski hasn't picked by the time I get off work (12 Midnight EST), I'll start looking for alternates to make the pick. I hate to do that this early, but we have to do what we have to do! :-o :,-( ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Next

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous