Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

He has not opened the PM I sent him yesterday. Maybe we should look for an alternate owner.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:28 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I PMed & emailed ski. He hasn't been around the Cafe since March (last post) so I'm a little worried here. We'll be lenient with the clock...especially since it's the 1st round. If ski hasn't picked by the time I get off work (12 Midnight EST), I'll start looking for alternates to make the pick. I hate to do that this early, but we have to do what we have to do! :-o :,-( ;-D

mutantseabass wrote:He has not opened the PM I sent him yesterday. Maybe we should look for an alternate owner.

I talked to dream yesterday, and he's going to pick for ski if the clock passes 48 hours. :-? :~( dream's been in the league for the 1st 3 years, so there isn't a better person to have as an alternate (IMO). ;-D

To be fair, killians & Dolfin will be given 48 hours for their 1st rounders as well (Dolfin 48 hours for 1.10 & 2.01). I don't think either of them will go past 24 hours because I know they've been around lately. We've been lenient with the clock because of the holiday (and it being the 1st round), but we're going to a strict 24 hour clock starting after Dolfin makes his 2 picks at the turn.

If ski isn't heard from after the 24 hours is up for his 2nd rounder, dream will make the pick, and we'll find a replacement owner. :,-( ;-D

Sound good everyone? :-? :-/ :~( :~( :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:41 am

works for me.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:07 am

Didnt we go through the same thing last year with ski?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I talked to dream yesterday, and he's going to pick for ski if the clock passes 48 hours. :-? :~( dream's been in the league for the 1st 3 years, so there isn't a better person to have as an alternate (IMO). ;-D

To be fair, killians & Dolfin will be given 48 hours for their 1st rounders as well (Dolfin 48 hours for 1.10 & 2.01). I don't think either of them will go past 24 hours because I know they've been around lately. We've been lenient with the clock because of the holiday (and it being the 1st round), but we're going to a strict 24 hour clock starting after Dolfin makes his 2 picks at the turn.

If ski isn't heard from after the 24 hours is up for his 2nd rounder, dream will make the pick, and we'll find a replacement owner. :,-( ;-D

;-D
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:59 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I talked to dream yesterday, and he's going to pick for ski if the clock passes 48 hours. :-? :~( dream's been in the league for the 1st 3 years, so there isn't a better person to have as an alternate (IMO). ;-D

Time is up....I made a pick ;-D

PM'd Killians ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:20 am

dream_017 wrote:

Time is up....I made a pick ;-D

PM'd Killians ;-D

Thanks dream! ;-D

I already found a replacement for ski if we don't hear from him. aaawall91 said he'd take over the team if we need him. ;-D

ski did the same thing last year, like MSB mentioned. He has 4 posts for 2009...the last one was March 2nd. This is really the only thing I dislike about being a commish/co-commish, but I think we should replace ski now. At worst, I think we should hand the team over to aaawall at the beginning of the 24 hour clock for the 2nd rounder. I don't want to wait another 24 hours of "on the clock" time waiting for ski (like I suggested in the above post).

I PMed MSB about this to see what he thinks (aren't you glad you agreed to be co-commish! ;-7 :-b ;-) :-B ). We'll make a decision ASAP. As always, I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this so please post your opinion whenever you have a chance. ;-D

Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 am

If he hasn't responded in quite sometime to anyone then I say to replace him.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:10 am

Yeah, just go ahead and replace him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 am

killiansjmd wrote:If he hasn't responded in quite sometime to anyone then I say to replace him.

Free Bagel wrote:Yeah, just go ahead and replace him.

I talked to MSB and we both agree with you guys. ;-D

Everyone please welcome aaawall91 to the league...and let's get this thing rolling! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous