Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Re: Draft & Season Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:15 am

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Per usual, an intriguing draft conducted by a stellar group of owners.

Thank You to Flots for keeping the league alive and well this season and doing all the work in the draft forum and then getting the teams entered. Labor of Love, Bay-Be!

COME ONE WEEK 1!!!!!!!

second. Great job again, Flots. Good luck everybody. ;-D

Ditto!! ;-D ;-D

Thanks guys...my pleasure (definitely a "labor of love", like Scott said)! Huge thanks to the 9 of you for making the job as easy as it can be! I think this might've been the first year that we didn't have ANY picks made by an alternate. For that, we all deserve a huge:

I just got back from taking my nephew to his first ever NFL game (Titans at Bucs), so I'm about to crash. After mooch makes the final pick, I'll be sending everyone a PM & email regarding a couple of weeks of FA before the season starts. We'll make it so that claims can begin on flea starting on Wednesday (8/22) to be processed the following Wednesday (8/29) morning. This gives everyone 10 days (or so) to put in any claims, and it also gives us 2 weeks of FA before the season starts. ;-D

Again, awesome job by everyone, and good luck to everyone this season. ;-D ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:58 pm

by moochman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 am
20.10 Rashard Mendenhall - RB, PITT

Mr Irrelevant may turn out to be very relevant as the season goes on! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:21 pm

stomperrob wrote:

A bit surprised that nobody took a chance on this guy. Not the most robust backfield there in Pittsburgh

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 pm

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

A bit surprised that nobody took a chance on this guy. Not the most robust backfield there in Pittsburgh

Yeah, even if he misses a bunch of games at the start of the season, he could be very useful in a fantasy playoff run.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:31 pm

moochman wrote: took a chance on this guy.

Rashard Mendenhall wrote:If you change your mind, I'm the first in line. Honey I'm still free.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby logan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 pm

What's the deal with players still being on waivers? Though we were supposed to have two weeks of free agency before the start of the season. i keep checking and every day it still asks me to put in a claim for a player for week 2.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 pm

logan wrote:What's the deal with players still being on waivers? Though we were supposed to have two weeks of free agency before the start of the season. i keep checking and every day it still asks me to put in a claim for a player for week 2.

We did have 2 weeks of FA...you needed to put in a claim. Not sure why it said something about week 2. :-?

Looks like you need a kicker. Let me know what kicker you want, and I'll treat it as the last pick in today's FA adds. No reason you shouldn't have a kicker week 1 because of a mixup in FA. I'll send you a PM. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:02 pm

One thing I didn't mention...this will burn your waiver priority. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:15 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
logan wrote:What's the deal with players still being on waivers? Though we were supposed to have two weeks of free agency before the start of the season. i keep checking and every day it still asks me to put in a claim for a player for week 2.

We did have 2 weeks of FA...you needed to put in a claim. Not sure why it said something about week 2. :-?

Looks like you need a kicker. Let me know what kicker you want, and I'll treat it as the last pick in today's FA adds. No reason you shouldn't have a kicker week 1 because of a mixup in FA. I'll send you a PM. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam wrote:One thing I didn't mention...this will burn your waiver priority. ;-D

Per logan's PM, I added S.Graham so he has a kicker for week 1, and I changed the waiver priority to reflect this move. ;-D

Sorry for any confusion. logan was waiting for FCFS to open up. He didn't realize we had 2 weeks of claims and no FCFS. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:15 pm

On another note, good luck to everyone this season! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous