Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 am

aaawall for got to PM killians...please remember to PM the next person! I'm glad I figured it out and waited. In the PM I sent to dream & then bungle (plan B), I asked them to give killians until like Noon today. This league is so different. I think it's really hard to pick for someone. We know dream or bungle would've make a good pick, but it's much harder to try and think what direction enter owners name here was thinking about going....if that makes sense. :-? ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Sorry guys :-/

I made that pick from a hotel computer than got ambushed by a hoard of little 14 year olds and must of forgot to pm him. It was so loud i there I had to get out.

I'm home now, again I apologize I try to be pretty good about that kinda stuff.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:33 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Sorry guys :-/

I made that pick from a hotel computer than got ambushed by a hoard of little 14 year olds and must of forgot to pm him. It was so loud i there I had to get out.

I'm home now, again I apologize I try to be pretty good about that kinda stuff.

No problem aaawall! It happens. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I talked to Dolfin & his pick should be in by 5 or 6. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby logan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 pm

i feel so dirty and unclean now.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 am

logan wrote:i feel so dirty and unclean now.

:-b :-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:34 pm

I must say, this being my first year in this league...this draft is just crazy.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:23 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I must say, this being my first year in this league...this draft is just crazy.

I feel the same way. The whole 2 QB and 2 TE thing just throws EVERYTHING out of whack.

But I do like it. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm

I do too. its a nice change of pace for sure.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:26 pm

The Lung wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I must say, this being my first year in this league...this draft is just crazy.

I feel the same way. The whole 2 QB and 2 TE thing just throws EVERYTHING out of whack.

But I do like it. ;-D

aaawall91 wrote:I do too. its a nice change of pace for sure.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the settings. ;-D I REALLY like this format. "Change of pace" is a good way to put it because you really can't draft how you normally would. I think all 4 drafts have been slightly different. Here's each draft through 77 picks:

QB: 13
RB: 28
WR: 29
TE: 7

QB: 16
RB: 25
WR: 30
TE: 6

QB: 16
RB: 26
WR: 28
TE: 7

QB: 19
RB: 25
WR: 24
TE: 9

Through 77 picks, the drafts look kinda similar. Even more emphasize on QB's & TE's this year. Check out the 4 drafts through 4 rounds:

Each draft through 4 rounds:

QB: 3
RB: 19
WR: 17
TE: 1

QB: 6
RB: 22
WR: 11

QB: 8
RB: 16
WR: 15

QB: 6
RB: 17
WR: 14
TE: 3

4 different starts IMO. Year 1 was the only year that QB's didn't go crazy early. I think The_Dude drafted the best team that didn't win a championship in this league. In 2007, the year Brady & Moss set records, The_Dude started his draft (from the 5 slot): Peyton/McGahee/Brady/Roy Williams/R.Moss. He had both guys in their record breaking year. 8-o He dominated the regular season but his lack of RB depth finally got the best of him when Brady & Moss slowed down a little towards the end of the year.

I don't usually talk strategy in the middle of a draft, but this isn't a $$$ league & it's late enough I think. I've always drafted my 3rd RB early. I won the championship in year 1, and it was mainly due to me being the 2nd owner to draft 3 RB's. I drafted DD in the 2nd round & he didn't even play a game that year. I drafted FWP in the 5th & he really saved my team. This is the 1st year that I took a QB before the 6th round. I'm the only owner that hasn't taken 2 QB's yet. Starting 2 QB's & 2 TE's is definitely a twist (like you guys mentioned), but starting 4WR's should be added to the twist IMO. I've always drafted RB & WR heavy early in this league so I'm liking the way this draft is going (QB & TE heavy). :-) ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous