Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Yeah, this is the first time I've played in a league with starting rosters this deep and I'm really digging it. Definitely a fun change.

With 4 WRs to start and 2 RBs I was actually really, really close to taking Fitzgerald 1st overall.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Yeah, this is the first time I've played in a league with starting rosters this deep and I'm really digging it. Definitely a fun change.

With 4 WRs to start and 2 RBs I was actually really, really close to taking Fitzgerald 1st overall.

In most other leagues, that would probably be insane. In this league, I couldn't really argue against it much. In 2006 the 1st WR went at 1.10, 2007 @ 2.04, 2008 @ 1.10, & 2009 @ 1.07. I don't think I'd ever take a WR that high (1.01), but I can see someone doing that in the future. ;-D

PS: I haven't said anything because I don't want to jinx it :-o , but I think we have a great group of owners for year 4 & I'm really hoping that we don't have any turnover next year! I know that situations change from year to year, and I'd never be mad at ANYBODY for not coming back (life comes way before FF)...but it would be awesome to keep the same owners from year to year like in the LOD league. The LOD is a dynasty league entering it's 4th year & we've only had to replace 1 owner. ;-D

PSS: Hey Bagel. If you commit to coming back next year now, I'll give you the 1st pick again so you can pick a WR at 1.01 next year. ;-7 :-b :-B ;-)

PSSS: madas was on earlier. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Free Bagel wrote:With 4 WRs to start and 2 RBs I was actually really, really close to taking Fitzgerald 1st overall.

Yeah. So was I :-D :-o
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Very glad that I got McCoy as the cuff. :-° ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Hey guys. I'm going up to NY again. I'll be away from Friday (8/7) through Thursday (8/13). I'll have internet access the entire time I'm away except for those 2 travel days. But like on all my vacations, I wont be online as much as usual. This shouldn't affect this draft unless I'm up next Thursday. :-o :-B ;-D

I PMed Lung. I have a feeling that madas forgot to PM him. I'm only guessing this because Lung was on the Cafe today...after he was on the clock. Like I told Lung in my PM...if madas did send a PM...ignore this! ;-D

EDIT: I PMed dream just in case. I asked him to give Lung until Friday night. The reason I'm guessing that madas forgot to PM him is because Lung posted once about 3 hours after he was on the clock, and his "last visit" was about 12 hours after he was on the clock. I'd like to give him more time than the 24 hours. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby The Lung » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Madas didn't forget to PM me. I just forgot to pick. Sorry. :-/
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:48 pm

The Lung wrote:Madas didn't forget to PM me. I just forgot to pick. Sorry. :-/

No need to apologize! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby logan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 pm

well there's my stupidity of not looking hard enough before i hit the button. ah well.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

logan wrote:well there's my stupidity of not looking hard enough before i hit the button. ah well.

I'm guessing you posted this because Stafford & Garrard have the same bye week? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby logan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
logan wrote:well there's my stupidity of not looking hard enough before i hit the button. ah well.

I'm guessing you posted this because Stafford & Garrard have the same bye week? :-?

pretty much
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous