Draft & Season Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Draft & Season Commentary

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am

Brett Favre is going to retire in 2 weeks, right before the season starts. Then in week 3 he's going to decide that he wants to play again, but then he's going to quit at halftime. By the end of the 3rd quarter, Minnesota is going to trade Favre to Oakland. Then Favre will finally retire for the last time.....until 2010. :-B :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 pm

killians 24 hour clock has expired. I sent a PM to killians (just in case he didn't get a PM). Hey aaawall: if you did send a PM, did killians open it yet? I also PMed dream & asked him if he can make the pick sometime Thursday morning...if killians hasn't picked by then. :-/ ;-D

EDIT: Looks like killians is on vacation. I'm an alternate for the Movin' The Chains draft, and I just saw this:

killiansjmd wrote:I will be leaving for vacation starting this Friday and will be gone for a week. Please have an alternate pick for me while I'm gone.
Hopefully I will get to pick again in round 13 by tomorrow night. Thanks

This was posted Wednesday (8/12), and killians' last visit to the Cafe was that Friday (8/14) that he mentioned. :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:killians 24 hour clock has expired. I sent a PM to killians (just in case he didn't get a PM). Hey aaawall: if you did send a PM, did killians open it yet? I also PMed dream & asked him if he can make the pick sometime Thursday morning...if killians hasn't picked by then. :-/ ;-D

EDIT: Looks like killians is on vacation. I'm an alternate for the Movin' The Chains draft, and I just saw this:

killiansjmd wrote:I will be leaving for vacation starting this Friday and will be gone for a week. Please have an alternate pick for me while I'm gone.
Hopefully I will get to pick again in round 13 by tomorrow night. Thanks

This was posted Wednesday (8/12), and killians' last visit to the Cafe was that Friday (8/14) that he mentioned. :-?

Well my PM was opened, but noone made a pick yet. I'm going to PM killians & dream again...and also bungle this time. Hopefully one of the 3 will make the pick sometime tonight.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:04 pm

Couldn't have been nice and simple and have Favre still on the board. Had to make me look at stuff. ;-)

Dolfin has been pm'd.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 pm

bungle613 wrote:Couldn't have been nice and simple and have Favre still on the board. Had to make me look at stuff. ;-)

Dolfin has been pm'd.

Thanks bungle! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:25 am

Took the safe route. I like the late bye... he can float with Minny if they perform. I'll let Killians choose his last skill bench player.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 am

bungle613 wrote:Took the safe route. I like the late bye... he can float with Minny if they perform. I'll let Killians choose his last skill bench player.

Since we definitely should finish on time, we probably should have given killians 24 hours in the 18th. No biggie at all though...it's very late in the draft & I think killians is still on vacation (he hasn't logged in since 8/14). Plus, he did ask for an alternate to pick for him in the Movin the Chains draft until he returned from vacation. Thanks again bungle! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:57 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Took the safe route. I like the late bye... he can float with Minny if they perform. I'll let Killians choose his last skill bench player.

Since we definitely should finish on time, we probably should have given killians 24 hours in the 18th. No biggie at all though...it's very late in the draft & I think killians is still on vacation (he hasn't logged in since 8/14). Plus, he did ask for an alternate to pick for him in the Movin the Chains draft until he returned from vacation. Thanks again bungle! ;-D

Sorry guys for delaying the draft. I tried to post in every draft I was in that I was going away this week. Obviously I forgot to post in this league. Thanks for picking for me!
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Do we have to roster a kicker in this league, or will we be able to just pick one up before the seasons starts?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Do we have to roster a kicker in this league, or will we be able to just pick one up before the seasons starts?

That's the plan! ;-D

Last year we had numerous delays, and we finished with like 2 days to spare. We still had a FCFS waiver period right before the Thursday game. I haven't said anything, because I didn't want to jinx it :-o :-B :-b ;-) , but we're obviously flying through this draft with very minimal delays.

to everyone! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

We'll open up FCFS waivers shortly after pick 20.10 is in. I'll have to input all the players & then I'll post here about the exact date so everyone can verify that it's OK. Then I'll PM everyone with the exact date. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous