Just placed my Superbowl bet - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Just placed my Superbowl bet

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby dmacblue » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:16 pm

New York Giants 16-1

had a cheeky $100 on it

Not the most likely to win it, but outstanding value imo.


okay, back to the griil

and remember, if it wasn't for the French you'd all still be English :-b ;-D (just kidding guys)
Image

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2611
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:09 pm

*** I do not endorse gambling in any facet and this post in no way represents the views of the Cafe.***

Not a bad wager at all. If you could, PM where you found 16-1 odds on the GMen. Obviously, I want to keep the names of the sites we use out of this thread as to not upset any of the admins because discussing sites that allow for wagers can lead to a full on gambling discussion which I'm sure would be discouraged here and rightfully so. Personally, I always throw down a few "what the heck" wagers at the start of the season to see what happens. If I hit one, it more than makes up for the other wagers that were placed. As an example, I had placed $50 on the Cards last year and had they pulled it off, it would've been a full on coups by me. For this year, I've got the following wagers in to reach my personal annual limit of $200:

$50 - Chargers - 12/1 odds
$50 - Cowboys - 15/1 odds
$50 - Packers - 27/1 odds
$25 - Texans - 40/1 odds
$25 - 49ers - 55/1 odds (I put at least $25 on them every year)
Image
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2646
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: MD

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:21 am

Yes! More degenerate gamblers! Just like me!

Most of the betting talk (or lack thereof) takes place here: For Entertainment Only
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:43 pm

smackthefirst wrote:$25 - 49ers - 55/1 odds (I put at least $25 on them every year)


Good man ;-D
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby dmacblue » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:41 am

smackthefirst wrote:*** I do not endorse gambling in any facet and this post in no way represents the views of the Cafe.***

Not a bad wager at all. If you could, PM where you found 16-1 odds on the GMen. Obviously, I want to keep the names of the sites we use out of this thread as to not upset any of the admins because discussing sites that allow for wagers can lead to a full on gambling discussion which I'm sure would be discouraged here and rightfully so. Personally, I always throw down a few "what the heck" wagers at the start of the season to see what happens. If I hit one, it more than makes up for the other wagers that were placed. As an example, I had placed $50 on the Cards last year and had they pulled it off, it would've been a full on coups by me. For this year, I've got the following wagers in to reach my personal annual limit of $200:

$50 - Chargers - 12/1 odds
$50 - Cowboys - 15/1 odds
$50 - Packers - 27/1 odds
$25 - Texans - 40/1 odds
$25 - 49ers - 55/1 odds (I put at least $25 on them every year)


It was actually a sports betting exchange based in Europe, (here i still retain an account) hence the better values.

Glad there's a few of us that like a betting discussion, I'll post my pre season (ante-post) NFL bets shortly. ;-D
Image

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2611
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 pm

I think the Packers are a really nice value at 27:1. Were I a betting man, and were it legal, I would be tempted.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby dmacblue » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 pm

moochman wrote:I think the Packers are a really nice value at 27:1. Were I a betting man, and were it legal, I would be tempted.



You beat me to it, I'm on the Pack @ 33-1, Indy @ 16-1, Giants @ 16-1

Don't trust me though, cos i backed Diamondbacks for the World Series in April :~(
Image

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2611
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:49 pm

dmacblue wrote:
moochman wrote:I think the Packers are a really nice value at 27:1. Were I a betting man, and were it legal, I would be tempted.



You beat me to it, I'm on the Pack @ 33-1, Indy @ 16-1, Giants @ 16-1

Don't trust me though, cos i backed Diamondbacks for the World Series in April :~(


Ain't sports the darnedest thing!
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:50 pm

moochman wrote:I think the Packers are a really nice value at 27:1. Were I a betting man, and were it legal, I would be tempted.

The state of Delaware is on track to legalize sports books again - a venture that proved to be a disaster for that state not too long ago.

Delaware Sports Books Article and Video

Not that we need to go to Delaware to bet ;-)

PS: Dmac - very odd how similar we are in post counts...
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Just placed my Superbowl bet

Postby ttwarrior1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:58 am

i saw a sportsbook with over and under on atlanta as 8 wins , hell they will win nine easily
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1025
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:11 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact