Steve Mcnair shot dead - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Mcnair shot dead

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Steve Mcnair shot dead

Postby Munboy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Man, that is just horrible. Was McNair and his wife seperated?

I don't know. I hope so, but I still feel bad for his wife.

No, they were still married.

Man there's some people being nasty in the comment section on that last link about this.

I won't pass judgement because none of us knows what was going on. But it does suck. He was a hellva football player. Sad times...
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:29 pm

This guy was a tough as nails competitor. Always played hurt, never went down on the first hit. Not sure about his skills as a husband and father now, but he'll sure be missed as an ex-NFL'er. RIP.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:46 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Man, that is just horrible. Was McNair and his wife seperated?

I don't know. I hope so, but I still feel bad for his wife.

...and his 4 kids, one of whom was about to begin his college football career.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Munboy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I don't know. I hope so, but I still feel bad for his wife.

Man there's some people being nasty in the comment section on that last link about this.

Are you saying we are being nasty? I'm not following. I'm saying it is a shame for his wife if they are not separated, because McNair was found dead with his girlfriend. That's gotta hurt a woman in the worst way. Also - agreed about the 4 kids. It's a sad situation all around.

Steelerfan - the article says they are still married; bungle and I were wondering if they were separated or not; basically agreeing to live apart but not divorce. If so, his wife might have been used to McNair having a girlfriend and she may even have had a boyfriend herself.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:07 pm

It sounds to me like they were seperated even if not officially. McNair having a girlfriend seems to be fairly common knowledge and it did not seem as if they were hiding it.

Chick was seriously F'd up to do something like that.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Munboy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Are you saying we are being nasty?

Joe, I'm not absolutely certain of course, but I believe he may have been referring to the comments posted after the article in the Tennessean site.

RIP Steve McNair. Great, great competitor. I'm fortunate that I got to see him play in person.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Munboy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
Munboy wrote:

Are you saying we are being nasty?

Joe, I'm not absolutely certain of course, but I believe he may have been referring to the comments posted after the article in the Tennessean site.

RIP Steve McNair. Great, great competitor. I'm fortunate that I got to see him play in person.

Indeed I was. Thanks for clarifing and sorry I wasn't clear Joe.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:29 am

Sad to hear. RIP Mcnair. I had you the year you were on the injury reoprt every week but proceeded to win a ton of games in a row by toughing it out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:02 am

Absolutely shocking! That is just not how you go out. Lots of stuff unknown as yet, I suspect.
RIP Air McNair, thoughts and condolences to those left behind.
Steve McNair was my first FFB QB and help me stay competitive many weeks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 am

stomperrob wrote:They are now confirming murder-suicide:

UPDATED 10 p.m.: Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi killed
STAFF REPORTS • July 4, 2009

UPDATED: 10 P.M.
Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was killed in an apparent murder-suicide with a young woman he met at a local restaurant and have been dating for at least a few months.

McNair, the hometown hero who did extensive charity work in Nashville, died of several gunshots and was found on the sofa, police said. Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found alongside him in a Second Avenue condo he rented. She had a single gunshot wound to her head; a pistol was found near her body.

Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they were leaning toward certain scenarios based on the evidence, but they hadn’t ruled anything out. Still, they were not actively looking for suspects Saturday night.

“The medical examiner will be conducting autopsies (Sunday),” Aaron said. “We expect to make additional conclusions after the autopsy process.”

Though much of the attention was on the Second Avenue crime scene, police also swarmed at the Cherry Creek apartment complex in Hermitage. They were questioning neighbors who said they often saw McNair visiting Kazemi. Sometimes, neighbors said, she would arrive home in a limousine in the early morning hours. She showed up with a new black car she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090 ... mi+killed+

Confirming? :-? I don't see that confirmed in what you posted. (the article has since been removed)

espn.com wrote:Shot twice in the head and two more times in the chest, former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was the victim of a homicide, police declared Sunday. But authorities wouldn't say it was a murder-suicide -- even with his 20-year-old girlfriend dead at his feet from a single bullet.

RIP Steve :,-(
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk