Chad Johnson's guarantee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson's guarantee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:53 pm

VHawk15 wrote:I think it's a smarter move by Chad than some people realize. If they lose, then no one cares. They lost to the 10-0 Chiefs, not a big deal. But if Cincy wins, Chad is a hero.

thats a great point, if they lose its exactly what was expected and if they win Chad is going straigh to the pro-bowl. and that quote is hillarious, i love the players with that come up with those quotes like Patrick Roy's famous "im pluggin gmy ears with my stanley cup rings" or the infamous " there is no "I" in team but that is an 'M' and an 'E'
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:54 pm

DUKE wrote:
pmix wrote:I don't think he sniffs the ball this week. KC will put a blanket over him. I'm tempted to sit him this week. Bad Feeling, anybody else???

you've got to be crazy 8-o

Chiefs haven't allowed a td to a wr in the last 6 weeks.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:01 pm

pmix wrote:
DUKE wrote:
pmix wrote:I don't think he sniffs the ball this week. KC will put a blanket over him. I'm tempted to sit him this week. Bad Feeling, anybody else???

With all due respect Pmix, Chad is leading the AFC in receiving yards and is one of the elite nfl/fantasy WR's in the game. I would hope that you had an awfully good WR corps to have the "luxury" to bench a WR like Chad Johnson because you questioned the matchup. Who would you play in front of him?
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:02 pm

DUKE wrote:
pmix wrote:
DUKE wrote:

With all due respect Pmix, Chad is leading the AFC in receiving yards and is one of the elite nfl/fantasy WR's in the game. I would hope that you had an awfully good WR corps to have the "luxury" to bench a WR like Chad Johnson because you questioned the matchup. Who would you play in front of him?

Even though the last statement was coming from a guy with a CJ jersey as his avatar, he's right.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:20 pm

DUKE wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:I like Chad's other quote, something along the lines of:

"there are only 3 things that are certain in this life: death, taxes, and me gettin open"

Actually Deft, it was my sig for a while and it's:

There are thre things in life that are certain: death, taxes, and not being able to cover me ;-D

Yeah, that's it
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:01 pm

culboarder wrote:he didnt need to do this just to get in the pro bowl, he was already going. He is a top 3 WR in this league.

I sure hope he goes. He is a great WR. I think he has taken TO's spot in the top WR list.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:11 pm

culboarder wrote:he didnt need to do this just to get in the pro bowl, he was already going. He is a top 3 WR in this league.

and suddenly you think your opinion is valid?
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:19 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:

and suddenly you think your opinion is valid?

Amen.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pmix » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:45 pm

DUKE wrote:
pmix wrote:
DUKE wrote:

10 Team Auction League

The Luap Weasels
QB - Bulger, Pennington
RB - A Green, S Davis, Barber, Foster
WR - Moulds, Horn, Kor Robinson, Ch Johnson
K - Wilkins
Def - Tenn

I am tempted to start K-Rob ahead of him this week, but I may sit Moulds (injury concerns) but they do play Houston.

Horn vs ATL
Moulds vs Hou
Ch Johnson vs KC
K-Rob vs Det

Johnson has the toughest matchup. That is my reasoning.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:13 pm

Also, every WR besides Chad is a little banged up.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk