Top 5 2009 QBs, plus two finger wags. "I TOLD YOU SO!" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5 2009 QBs, plus two finger wags. "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 5 2009 QBs, plus two finger wags.

Postby FFslacker » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 am

smfowler wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Yea...those guys aren't going to be drafted as starters in any legitimate leagues...not hard to say that you shouldn't choose them as a starter or anything. I can't imagine anyone in a reasonable league taking Stafford within the first 10 rounds much less the first 5...or even in some cases being drafted at all.

First off I condemned Stafford. Second, you're saying Brees, Brady, Rivers or Ryan won't be starters in your league? Please, send me an invite. You're wrong because Brady will be a starter in EVERY league, legitimate or not. I'm saying these will be the top 5 QBs, not top 5 fantasy players. You're entitled t your opinion, but Brees, Brady, Rivers, and maybe Ryan will be starters. If not, they should be.

In my opinion, in 12 team leagues the starters should be (in no particular order) Brees, Ryan, Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Warner, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, and McNabb. Eli and Cutler can be argued. You and your friends can reach for JaMarcus Russell and Tyler Thigpen all you want.

Fairly sure that he didn't mean Brees etc. are not starters. The point he was getting at was that you weren't exactly going out on a limb with your "I told you so" portion of the predictions. Anyone who would draft Delhomme or Stafford as their QB1 is either mentally deficient or doesn't know anything about the players in the NFL. :-b
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Top 5 2009 QBs, plus two finger wags.

Postby mattb47 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 pm

FFslacker wrote:
smfowler wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Yea...those guys aren't going to be drafted as starters in any legitimate leagues...not hard to say that you shouldn't choose them as a starter or anything. I can't imagine anyone in a reasonable league taking Stafford within the first 10 rounds much less the first 5...or even in some cases being drafted at all.

First off I condemned Stafford. Second, you're saying Brees, Brady, Rivers or Ryan won't be starters in your league? Please, send me an invite. You're wrong because Brady will be a starter in EVERY league, legitimate or not. I'm saying these will be the top 5 QBs, not top 5 fantasy players. You're entitled t your opinion, but Brees, Brady, Rivers, and maybe Ryan will be starters. If not, they should be.

In my opinion, in 12 team leagues the starters should be (in no particular order) Brees, Ryan, Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Warner, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, and McNabb. Eli and Cutler can be argued. You and your friends can reach for JaMarcus Russell and Tyler Thigpen all you want.

Fairly sure that he didn't mean Brees etc. are not starters. The point he was getting at was that you weren't exactly going out on a limb with your "I told you so" portion of the predictions. Anyone who would draft Delhomme or Stafford as their QB1 is either mentally deficient or doesn't know anything about the players in the NFL. :-b

Yea...that was a rather pointless rampage there and was a completely waste of forum space...you completely missed the point I was making and if you read the post directly above mine (which is the natural one I'm responding to when something isn't quoted), you'll see what I was adding on to. Gotta use some common sense when interpreting posts sometimes...I said nothing remotely close to suggesting that the guys you mentioned in your last post wouldn't be starters...I honestly haven't a clue where you possibly would have got that from.

The whole point was that your "I told you so" was something that ANYONE with ANY knowledge of fantasy football would be able to do and isn't really bold in the least because no one is going to be taking those guys high enough (or at all) to warrant it being an "I told you so".
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk