2008 Season/Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2008 Season/Draft

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Re: Draft date

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 pm

moochman wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:I've always loved a live draft, but dealing with no-shows are always a pain. I'm all for the slow draft ;-D

We like to call 'no-shows' Flames! :-D

I know it's late, but we didn't meet in the playoffs this season and I was too busy to be here then.

But now we have the savior "Todd Bertuzzi" in Calgary!! Our worries are over!!! (roll eyes......)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Intentions

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:51 pm

looks like 11 confirmed...if I make an even # for one league count me in, if I'm a odd wheel I don't mind sitting out. Fantasy Football is nothing but monkey humping random luck anyways ;-)
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 pm

bigken117 wrote:looks like 11 confirmed...if I make an even # for one league count me in, if I'm a odd wheel I don't mind sitting out. Fantasy Football is nothing but monkey humping random luck anyways ;-)

We'd love to have you back Ken ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 pm

yes indeed, it is very nice to see you again MSB. :-)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 am

Santacruzer wrote:
moochman wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:I've always loved a live draft, but dealing with no-shows are always a pain. I'm all for the slow draft ;-D

We like to call 'no-shows' Flames! :-D

I know it's late, but we didn't meet in the playoffs this season and I was too busy to be here then.

But now we have the savior "Todd Bertuzzi" in Calgary!! Our worries are over!!! (roll eyes......)

Ahh, but we can just whip out our Hossa and douse your Flames!

(Sometime even I cringe at my lame puns...this would be one of those times)

Don't laugh too much at Big Bert, he still has some amazing skills for a man that big. Don't know that he is the physical presence he once was though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:41 pm

moochman wrote:Don't laugh too much at Big Bert, he still has some amazing skills for a man that big. Don't know that he is the physical presence he once was though.

With a bad back and a softer coconut than the Lindros family I'm not holding my breath on him working out. maybe Iggy will show him a thing or two about being passionate about the game again, and get fired up...
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
moochman wrote:Don't laugh too much at Big Bert, he still has some amazing skills for a man that big. Don't know that he is the physical presence he once was though.

With a bad back and a softer coconut than the Lindros family I'm not holding my breath on him working out. maybe Iggy will show him a thing or two about being passionate about the game again, and get fired up...

Just give the Wings the Cup again this season. I would lay money on Houssa signing again with Detroit after this year. I know they have to sign Zetterberg but I believe the Cap goes up another 6 million after this coming year.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:13 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:

Just give the Wings the Cup again this season. I would lay money on Houssa signing again with Detroit after this year. I know they have to sign Zetterberg but I believe the Cap goes up another 6 million after this coming year.

There are no guarantees when it comes to the Cup. Strange that Hossa would sign for a year like that, but beneficial for the Wings. I think the plan is that Zetterberg resigns and Hossa probably gets paid elsewhere. Or, Zetterberg goes somewhere else and the Wings ink Hossa to a long-term deal. Just a thought.

Iggy and Bert could be a real formidable duo, Santa. I am already hoping the Flamers and Wings meet in next year's playoffs. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 am

Hey guys i might change my vote to a live draft with the number that are going on and the summer being as chaotic as it is...I will manage somehow either way....But I might be leaning that way after some recent events.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:26 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Hey guys i might change my vote to a live draft with the number that are going on and the summer being as chaotic as it is...I will manage somehow either way....But I might be leaning that way after some recent events.

We will just give you the best available from 2005 ;-7

Actually, I was thinking about ending enrollments (we have 12 confirmed) and begininning the draft on Monday. If we can find a time to get everyone together, I wouldn't have a problem holding a live draft.

So, discuss....(we have until Monday to decide) ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League