Return to Minnesota Vikings

Vikings Fantasy Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings Fantasy Preview

Postby The Lung » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm

From: http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/brad-pinkerton/20090714.html

Vikings: The Favre effect

WHAT'S NEW

If the mention of Brett Favre's name causes you to become instantly nauseated, you may want to skip this Vikings preview entirely. Although he wasn't officially a Viking at the time this column was written, there are still 18 direct and indirect mentions of the almost-unretired-again quarterback here. You have been warned.

While Favre will continue to grab headlines leading up to the 2009 season, the fantasy spotlight should be on superstar Adrian Peterson, who leads off our Top 200 rankings.

But you can't mention the Vikings' other top fantasy options without at least mentioning how the addition of Favre could boost their values. For example, poor quarterback play kept Bernard Berrian from truly breaking out last season. If Favre ends up in purple and gold, Berrian could end up a borderline WR1 option.

Let's take a look at the Vikings' fantasy options and how they may be affected if/when Favre lands in Minnesota.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vikings Fantasy Preview

Postby Purple1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Well we can kiss the Farve effect good bye.

Everybody knows Peterson is the no.1 overall pick so nothing else needs to be said.

QB-
Tavaris man I was really rooting for him. With Farve a no go I thought he would pick up his game and take over the starting job even with Sage there. While he has improved every year its been a very slow process and he has show to be a bit fragile. The word out of camp early was that he was looking OK but then he goes and gets hurt again on the second day of practice. It turns out to be a lower grade MCL sprain nothing too serious by football standards so he sits out a few days. Now as it turns out after a really bad practice he has re-aggrivated the injury. This is the last straw I can no longer root for the guy If this team is going to have any sucess this season SAGE MUST BE THE QB!!! If Tavaris somehow wins the job I would stay away from the vikes WR's.

Sage from what I have read has been improving in camp and although Chilli won't say it yet, it looks like he has already taken the lead in the QB competition that at this point is no such thing. It seems he is already developing a repore with rookie WR Harvin which can only be a good thing at this point. Sage is deffinatly an upgrade from Guss but has still been a career back up. He has shown flashes here and there but has also shown a propencity for turn overs. Theres a whole lotta if's and everthing is always rosie in training camp but with the running game we already have, if he can be an average/slightly above average nfl QB this offense has the potential to be pretty productive for fantasy players beyond Peterson and C.Tayler.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minnesota Vikings