Potential Difference Makers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Potential Difference Makers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Potential Difference Makers

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Interesting thoughts fellas. I personally was in round 10 of a redraft 10 teamer, and I picked 2nd overall, and I was all set to take Sproles, when the guy before me did. I thought long and hard about grabbing either Maroney, or Taylor, but I went with Earnest Graham instead. It was a tough choice, but I figured as a 2nd back up RB on my bench, Graham was more of a sure thing than those 2. I did grab Benson as a RB 3, ( we start 2 RB), I am definitely hoping in round 12 Bernard Scott is there, and he will be all mine. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

mrblitz wrote:Interesting thoughts fellas. I personally was in round 10 of a redraft 10 teamer, and I picked 2nd overall, and I was all set to take Sproles, when the guy before me did. I thought long and hard about grabbing either Maroney, or Taylor, but I went with Earnest Graham instead. It was a tough choice, but I figured as a 2nd back up RB on my bench, Graham was more of a sure thing than those 2. I did grab Benson as a RB 3, ( we start 2 RB), I am definitely hoping in round 12 Bernard Scott is there, and he will be all mine. ;-D

BScott is a great pick and even more important for you since you already have Benson.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deacon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:04 pm

I think this will be a unique year where old veterans will make a renassaince appearance!

Torry Holt - Great opportunity for him to have a revitalization. He is virtually all there is as a quality target for Garrard and he has been going 10th or later in most of the mocks I have seen.

Larry Johnson - Definately past his prime but I think he can put up RB2 numbers this year. He should be injury free coming into the season this year and should have more running room with the improvements made at O line and QB. If he continues to be the feature back and not fall into a committee he should easily get 1000+ and 10 tds.

Matt Hassleback - others have already spelled it out for this guy.

Carson Palmer - The Bengals defense ranked 12th last year (yes I know I was suprised also) and it they improve at all it should allow the offense to be more balanced. Therefore I can see Palmer having a great bounce back year. He can light up the field and throw lots of TDs but he also throws lots of picks. If your league doesn't penalize for pics Palmer could be a very good value pick for a QB2.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 am

Maybe I bring them up to much, but I differ again to the young rams receivers - they certainly aren't going to finish top 10, but I think you could see some wr3 numbers out of whomever starts opposite Donnie Avery, wether it's Burton, Robinson or foster. Also mcmichael, a guy that used to be a consistent fantasy TE and got sucked into a rams organization that quite frankly has never used a TE much, but the new staff (most specifically spagnuolo) has had success using the TE - Jeremy shockey was a top 5 TE every year up until just recently.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Spags was the D-coordinator and really had nothing to do with the offense. I don't think you can really make that correlation to the TE.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:38 pm

I can't speak much as to the effect that Spagnuolo will have on McMichael and his production but I can relay that Shurmur has apparently been very impressed with McMichael so far this off season. I think McMichael does have a chance to surprise this year and may even end up cracking the top 10 TEs by season's end. However, I do not think that McMichael should be drafted in any league unless you are forced to start 2 TEs. At best, he is a player you should keep your eye on and possibly pick up as a FA during the season if your drafted TE is not producing. Even if you're in the last round of your draft and have no TE, I think there are better options that will be available to be drafted than McMichael.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:38 am

Azrael wrote:Spags was the D-coordinator and really had nothing to do with the offense. I don't think you can really make that correlation to the TE.

No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that since he comes from a system where the tight end was very heavily relied upon, whether you were part of the offensive staff or not, he's probably more likely to try to replicate that.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Spags was the D-coordinator and really had nothing to do with the offense. I don't think you can really make that correlation to the TE.

No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that since he comes from a system where the tight end was very heavily relied upon, whether you were part of the offensive staff or not, he's probably more likely to try to replicate that.

I think when you are the OC and DC you are focused on OC and DC responsibilities. I don't think you are likely to replicate something you were not really involved with much. If you would say I think that Shurmur would like to throw to the TE then I can dig that because I think he'll have full reign over the offense. But Spags likely won't have much input in the offense unless it's an overall managerial thing like "I'd like to see us run more" or "I'd like to see us throw more" something like that.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ttwarrior1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 am

te: brent celek: with smith gone and what he did in the playoffs last year i think he will be a great 2nd tightend and possible starter,
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk