CBS vs Yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS vs Yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: CBS vs Yahoo

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:00 pm

4Pack wrote:I currently have 2 keeper leagues on Fanball and today a team in one of our leagues was deleted for some reason....and that was the final straw. It has been one problem after another the past couple months.

All of our managers are very familiar with the Yahoo layout as we have been playing Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo for the past 10 years...so we would prefer to move the league to Yahoo. However...the ability to have year round access to the league is tops on the list of prerequisites to make the move. Does anyone know if year round access is available in Yahoo Plus leagues? I am not just talking about access..but also the ability to make trades, post messages, etc, etc.

I have checked out My Fantasy League as a potential site to move the league to...but I just do not care for the layout.

Any suggestions?

We do not currently have the option to make trades and post messages in the offseason. Definitely something we view as desirable, and we'd like to do at some point, but I'm not going to blow smoke; it isn't something we have today. If you have any other questions, I can help...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 4Pack » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
4Pack wrote:I currently have 2 keeper leagues on Fanball and today a team in one of our leagues was deleted for some reason....and that was the final straw. It has been one problem after another the past couple months.

All of our managers are very familiar with the Yahoo layout as we have been playing Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo for the past 10 years...so we would prefer to move the league to Yahoo. However...the ability to have year round access to the league is tops on the list of prerequisites to make the move. Does anyone know if year round access is available in Yahoo Plus leagues? I am not just talking about access..but also the ability to make trades, post messages, etc, etc.

I have checked out My Fantasy League as a potential site to move the league to...but I just do not care for the layout.

Any suggestions?

We do not currently have the option to make trades and post messages in the offseason. Definitely something we view as desirable, and we'd like to do at some point, but I'm not going to blow smoke; it isn't something we have today. If you have any other questions, I can help...

Thanks for the info and I was afraid that would be your answer. Hopefully down the road you guys can add that. I will say that Yahoo has truly become a player in the Fantasy Football "sweepstakes". Lots of nice features and the free statracker was a huge plus. Adding year round access would make Yahoo high on the list of preferred Fantasy providers for a majority of leagues I think.

Thanks again Genie!
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby tjdoren » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 pm

I've used CBS for several years...considering the switch to Yahoo next year. Is Yahoo customizable for scoring, lineups, league size, and schedules? We have a 12-team league. 13 week season, 3 weeks for playoffs. 6 teams make playoffs, top 2 get 1st round byes.
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE flex, 1 K, and 1 Team Defense/Special Teams. We use a waiver process for weekly free agents.

Scoring for Offensive Categories
FG - 3 points Extra Points 1 point
Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 1 point
PaInt - Passing Interception -1 point
PaTD - Passing TD 3 points
PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds; Plus a 1 point bonus every 50 yards
Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points
ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds; Plus a 1 point bonus every 50 yards
Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points
RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds; Plus a 1 point bonus every 50 yards

Can Yahoo handle all of that?
tjdoren
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 pm

With the bonuses, you couldn't have a universal "1 point for every 50", per se, but you could make it 1 point for 50, 2 for 100, and 3 for 150 with only the highest counting -- but it limits you to three. Everything else I believe Yahoo has.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 am

I'm actually really confused here. You don't have to pay a dime for the base package on Yahoo correct? I've never paid anything. I also have a $100 team in a MFL league. I like the fact that the payout is around 95%. Trying to navigate the FA's though, forget about it. I don't work with script so I'm stuck with having to scroll through every player in the league with no way to prioritize. That my friends it poor site design.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SirGrotius » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:38 am

Resurrecting an OLD thread here, but I've been doing a Yahoo League for the past seven years now. We used to always do Plus and now there's no Plus, which is okay but I've found the app and stat-tracker to be slow and some of the ads a little clunky.

I saw an ad (on another site!) for CBS recently and they're charging around $175 for a premium league. What exactly makes it that much better? Any one have some experiences they could share?
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk