felix jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

felix jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: felix jones

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 am

joejlitz wrote:
smackthefirst wrote:
With that being said, I do think that Felix is the best handcuff out there...

Off Topic: Better than Sproles?

For me the answer is yes for two reasons. The first is that I think LT rebounds this year and most importantly doesn't get hurt. Of course there's no justification for my thinking LT doesn't get hurt, but it is how I feel. In addition, I think that if LT were to go down that SD could morph into more of a passing team with Sproles and Gartrell Johnson sharing the workload, albeit a decreased workload. Whereas I think that if MBIII were to go down that Felix and Choice would share the workload and the workload would remain at a constant level. I just don't think Dallas has the capability of morphing into a passing team like SD could should an injury happen to either of their number 1 RBs.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 pm

dgan wrote:(In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Packer fan that has hated Dallas forever. I try not to let that influence my fantasy football - Romo has been my QB 2 out of the last 3 years - but I feel it appropriate to label that disclaimer on this post anyway.)

My concern is that Dallas may just not be very good. Only Kitna has turned the ball at a more frequent pace than Romo over the past 2 years. Roy Williams showed us nothing last year, so any expectation for him to take on T.O.'s role is going on faith alone.

So they have Romo, Barber, and Witten? St. Louis has Bulger, SJax, and McMichael and they play in a much easier division - and nobody is expecting playoffs there. Just because your QB plays a round of golf on TV and you have a good RB does not make you a good team. This is just your annual Dallas hype that everyone thinks they are NFC Championship contenders.

So I'm not crazy about any Dallas RBs because this whole offense is a disappointment waiting to happen. I like Felix's talent, but I've see far too many "explosive" backup RBs get 5 - 8 touches per game through an entire season. If this team was better, I'd be more interested in taking a gamble. As it is, he'll be on my draft board somewhere in the midst of Norwood, McCoy and all the other backups with upside. And that will be closer to RB41 than it is to RB21.

I think your over thinking things a bit.

As far as the 5-8 touches a game, Jerry Jones has already pretty much said he'll surpass that, he hasn't even been shy about the subject of Felix this off-season and how much he wants him to be involved, I don't think that can really be debateable this year.

As far as for how bad you think Dallas will be, you could make that argument but Dallas is still far from lacking in talent...They have a huge offensive line that excels in run blocking, and nothing suggest they would fall off the map and stop being a great offense.

They could win 6 games, but they'll still be a top 10 offense and probably higher, Romo will get at least 3500 yards and 24 TD's, and the backs will be very productive, even if your not confident in how good Dallas will be I don't see how all that affects fantasy too much.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:50 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I think your over thinking things a bit.

But that's what we all do best isn't it? ;-D
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dgan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:19 pm

smackthefirst wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:I think your over thinking things a bit.

But that's what we all do best isn't it? ;-D

We're talking fantasy football and roles of backup players 2 weeks before training camp...I believe "over thinking" is a given. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
They could win 6 games, but they'll still be a top 10 offense and probably higher, Romo will get at least 3500 yards and 24 TD's, and the backs will be very productive, even if your not confident in how good Dallas will be I don't see how all that affects fantasy too much.

I agree with Romo still being able to produce the numbers that you predict, however I'm not sure about the top-10 offense and probably higher comment.

In 2008 they were 4th in Receiving TDs. Other than that:

Total Offense: 13 (as determined by YPG).
PPG: 18th.
Rushing TDs: 22.

TO was a significant threat. No TO means that we SHOULD expect these numbers to be significantly lower.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:46 pm

joejlitz wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

I agree with Romo still being able to produce the numbers that you predict, however I'm not sure about the top-10 offense and probably higher comment.

In 2008 they were 4th in Receiving TDs. Other than that:

Total Offense: 13 (as determined by YPG).
PPG: 18th.
Rushing TDs: 22.

TO was a significant threat. No TO means that we SHOULD expect these numbers to be significantly lower.

Keep in mind those numbers are WITH Brad Johnson starting as QB and Brooks Bollinger as well, Romo plays 16 games and their probably top 10.

I just don't think TO makes that huge of a deal for a team with arguably the best pair of TE's in the league(and they make a very good case for #1 in that department), arguably the best 3 headed RB attack, and an above average QB(though I think he's considered very solid but we'll use that term since some people may get riled up lol).

Losing TO hurts, but gaining Martellus Bennett in his 2nd season makes a difference, getting Felix Jones for an entire season healthy makes a difference, and while people may not be confident in RW he's still more proven and better then anything say the Giants or Redskins have at WR, and Dallas has more weapons outside of WR then any teams like that.

I know alot of guys are unproven this year and most expect them to breakout, which makes Dallas a ? in some people's eyes, we haven't seen Miles Austin, Felix Jones, or Martellus Bennett do crap yet, so it's hard to look at them like they are improving anything, but as a whole it will make up for some of that loss of production.

Even if you think the worst of RW, he'll at worst produce 1000 yards and 8 TD's, and those are his lowest low's and his floor IMHO, the upside is probably 85/1300/12, so anything in between mixed in with some of these younger plays don't really spell offense troubles for this team.

I can buy them not making the playoffs, or being a bad team, but the offense is going to move the ball and be productive, Barber has been scoring TD's since he came into the league so I don't see that coming to a halt...Bringing up Choice's name should be because he's a talented back, not because he'll take carries away from anyone, Jason Garrett doesn't even like to run predominantly and expecting a 3rd Rb to get consistent carries is a bit much for me.

There were also an incredible amount of injuries last year for Dallas, which goes hand in hand with their 2007 in which they had little to no injuries, alot of people predicted the amount of injuries they had because eventually it's your turn in the NFL...Romo, Barber, Witten, Felix, RW, Kyle Kosier, Flozell Adams, all suffered significant injuries on offense, and once the revolving door at LG started it was a factor all year.

Romo is a fine QB, but anytime the line breaks down and he is forced to scramble around for his life you see the worst, I contribute alot of his struggles to Garrett and him implementing so many 5 and 7 step drops for Romo, no roll outs, bootlegs, getting him outside of the pocket where he is most dangerous. He was setting him up like a sitting duck on too many occasions, then comes the forced throw to TO when 2 people are on him.

The pass will continually set up the run in Dallas, and their still a team who will visit the red zone frequently, so I can't see any team struggles that affect the offense and how well they can move the ball...I'd be willing to put $ on them being a top 15 offense vs a bottom 15 regardless of record.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dmacblue » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

Ive really enjoyed reading this thread ;-D

I'm not convinced that if MB3 got hurt that Felix would take over as primary RB. I see Choice as amore apples for apples replacement, and think he would see a far nicer spike in production than Felix who would see a moderate one.

I'm happily risking a later dice roll on Choice wherever possible in drafts this year.

I'd also rather have Ray Rice @ 7.8 than Felix Jones @ 6.10.....just to qoute the ADP from earlier.

I'm very wary of writing off Dallas , they retain a lot of talent, and until they are mathmatically proven to be eliminated from contention I won't sleep easy at night :-o

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 am

LS2throwed wrote:...Romo is a fine QB, but anytime the line breaks down and he is forced to scramble around for his life you see the worst, I contribute alot of his struggles to Garrett and him implementing so many 5 and 7 step drops for Romo, no roll outs, bootlegs, getting him outside of the pocket where he is most dangerous. He was setting him up like a sitting duck on too many occasions, then comes the forced throw to TO when 2 people are on him...

Not to continually pile on TO, but I saw a segment about how he would disrupt the team/offense/locker room if he didn't get the ball a lot early on, so Romo was forced into bad situations trying to force the ball to TO, even if there wasn't a play to be made. That wouldn't allow Romo or the Cowboys offense to get into a rhythm. I think he's an elite FF quarterback and I'll be glad to take him any day. Now if he could just move on to Jessica Alba. :-L
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 pm

dmacblue wrote:Ive really enjoyed reading this thread ;-D

I'm not convinced that if MB3 got hurt that Felix would take over as primary RB. I see Choice as amore apples for apples replacement, and think he would see a far nicer spike in production than Felix who would see a moderate one.

I'm happily risking a later dice roll on Choice wherever possible in drafts this year.

I'd also rather have Ray Rice @ 7.8 than Felix Jones @ 6.10.....just to qoute the ADP from earlier.

I'm very wary of writing off Dallas , they retain a lot of talent, and until they are mathmatically proven to be eliminated from contention I won't sleep easy at night :-o

I doubt that adp last, no way is Ray Rice going late 7th round, no way...There was an expert draft recently for nfl.com and Rice went late 3rd, this draft wasn't even a ppr league, it was standard scoring, so that tells me that Rice's stock is much higher then late 7th.

Felix went 7.10, now while all drafts are different, Felix seems to have much better value in drafts.

joejlitz wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:...Romo is a fine QB, but anytime the line breaks down and he is forced to scramble around for his life you see the worst, I contribute alot of his struggles to Garrett and him implementing so many 5 and 7 step drops for Romo, no roll outs, bootlegs, getting him outside of the pocket where he is most dangerous. He was setting him up like a sitting duck on too many occasions, then comes the forced throw to TO when 2 people are on him...

Not to continually pile on TO, but I saw a segment about how he would disrupt the team/offense/locker room if he didn't get the ball a lot early on, so Romo was forced into bad situations trying to force the ball to TO, even if there wasn't a play to be made. That wouldn't allow Romo or the Cowboys offense to get into a rhythm. I think he's an elite FF quarterback and I'll be glad to take him any day. Now if he could just move on to Jessica Alba. :-L

Agree with all of that, TO doesn't like to belive so lol, but he caused alot of INT's and forced plays, it was hard to watch sometimes...This is a prime example of why people think Romo will be better, not having to force the ball to one side when the defense knows it's coming.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby recmccl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm

I Agree he is very talented. I am a Cowboy fan in NM. Watched him in the games leading up to his end of season injury last year. Felix was going off. I'm in 3 competitive yahoo leagues and Felix is still available in all 3. He's a handcuff or an injury pickup for MBIII. MBIII is still being drafted in the top 20.

Regards
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk