Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 16

Postby dream_017 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:05 pm

16.11 Tampa Bay - DEF, TB
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Smack talk week #2

Postby Calyxes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:46 pm

We are missing some smack talk!

Michigan Panthers, I am looking to give you a beating for making me wait so long in the draft. Welcome to the league, but I am going to have to give you your first lose ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Smack talk week #2

Postby michigan panthers » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm sorry, I'm an English teacher, it's LOSS, not LOSE! I didn't make you wait, you were just working on a different clock. It was the summer, I was lounging my man. Besides, I'll get my losses out of the way now and whoop you behind in the playoffs. :-D
michigan panthers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Location: Detroit, MI - Where only the strong survive, and the weak play football.

Postby Calyxes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:17 pm

michigan panthers wrote:I'm sorry, I'm an English teacher, it's LOSS, not LOSE! I didn't make you wait, you were just working on a different clock. It was the summer, I was lounging my man. Besides, I'll get my losses out of the way now and whoop you behind in the playoffs. :-D

Well Mr. English teacher it should be your and not you ;-D Thats OK we all make mistakes. Bring it on in the playoffs :-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby michigan panthers » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 pm

I didn't say I was a good English teacher, just an English teacher.
michigan panthers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Location: Detroit, MI - Where only the strong survive, and the weak play football.

Trade

Postby psmvchaser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Even though my team SUCKS this year, I believe the trade between LTLC and Juggernauts should not be allowed. I think it is extremely lopsided and appears to be a firesale of good players from a bad team, in order to boost a good team.
There is NO evidence to the contrary, only evidence to support a veto.
Flacco is a #1 starter, while Hill is nothing more than a low-grade bye week fill-in. In points, Flacco is ranked 14th, Hill is 99th.
I might be able to understand a Roddy White for Vincent Jackson trade straight up, but to me, White is a much better receiver...historically, statistically and currently.
Im emailing the entire league, because it said to contact the commissioner, but to be honest, Im not sure who that is.
G-2

Lions LIFER! (and therefore miserable but ever optimistic)
psmvchaser
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Re: Trade

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow.

Well, I cannot speak for LTLC, but I certainly do not think this is as lopsided as what you have expressed. I cannot argue that Flacco for HIll is not even, but there is more to the deal, and a whole lot more to our teams.

LTLC has Brees as his starting QB, and I have Warner essentially making the two QBs in this trade less of the equation, not the primary players in the deal. Moving ahead to the two WRs, which to me are what the trade is all about - White for VJackson. You can say all you want about the differences between these two guys, but that would solely be your opinion, not some "fire-sale" or any reason to veto the deal.

Through the first 5 weeks here are the stat lines:
White - 9.2 17.3 6.4 bye 41.0
Jackson - 16.6 26.1 17.0 9.6 bye

Aside from White's huge week 5, Jackson has been the better WR this year. I do not see any reason to void this trade.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby psmvchaser » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

OK, I just wanted to post my opinion. I thought I should give my reasons for it too.

Thanks for the reply. While I dont agree with you, I definitely respect your opinon.
G-2

Lions LIFER! (and therefore miserable but ever optimistic)
psmvchaser
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm

I see nothing out of the ordinary to veto this trade, then agian, I am of the belief that trade should only be vetoed if there is collusion, personally I do not see that here or happening within this league. I also don't think the trade is lopsided enough to suspect collusion
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League