Better year: Deangelo or MB3? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better year: Deangelo or MB3?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better year: Deangelo or MB3?

Postby hammertoes » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Who do you guys think will have a better fantasy year? Deangelo Williams or Marion Barber?

I know that Deangelo is pretty much universally ranked higher, but he's not going to produce like he did last year, and he'll be splitting carries with another very good back in Jonathan Stewart. Plus Carolina's schedule is crazy difficult this year.

Barber will also be splitting carries with Jones and Choice, but that was the role that he thrived in before last year. And the Cowboys are definately going to be running the ball more this year w/o T.O.

Thoughts?
hammertoes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better year: Deangelo or MB3?

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:12 pm

I think Williams is a safer pick. The Panthers always feature a very strong rushing attack that will feature DeAngelo. The Cowpies are going to have to adjust to the loss of TO, and addition of Roy Williams, and what may be the loss of confidence in Wade and his regime. I doubt DAW will have as good a season as last year, but he will be pretty productive. Better than Barber.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm

For me it's simple, MB=more TD's, and more Receptions. Williams has alot more yards, close to receptions, off by maybe 20.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Deangelo.

While Barber can still end up with 12 TD's, I think Deangelo can reach that total also but he'll have more total yardage, and the upside is sitting with him to have a better year also looking at last year, and the future...I don't think I'd want MBIII as my RB1 in any formats, I'd gladly take DWIll as one.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:25 pm

I actually have them ranked pretty close so while the much better value is Barber, I think it heavily depends on the scoring system personally. In non-PPR leagues I have Williams higher as I expect his yardage numbers to be higher than Barber and I do think they'll have similar TD totals. In PPR leagues I have Barber higher because he'll make up for and pass Williams with the amount of receptions he'll get...but in both formats I don't have a lot separating them.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk