If it's all true, this dude is a straight up prick. :-t
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Ben Gets Served

Postby biju » Wed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Munboy wrote:Anybody else read the SI article?

Is this the one titled "The Hangover"? If so, then yes I read through the whole thing and it at times made my skin crawl. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Munboy » Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm

biju wrote:
Munboy wrote:Anybody else read the SI article?

Is this the one titled "The Hangover"? If so, then yes I read through the whole thing and it at times made my skin crawl. :-o

Yeah, the one with his big ugly mug on the cover. I was on the fence with him, but after reading all that, we're going to buy my 9 year old daughter a new jersey and put away her Roethlisburger jersey for a couple years until the man proves he's turned a corner and isn't the complete donkeyhole he seems to be. (My wife suggested the yard sale we're having later this month, but I doubt we'll get anything for it)

Any suggestions Steeler fans? I have Ward, my wife and 2 year old son have Polamalu. I was thinking of maybe getting her a Mendenhall or a Woodley. Or even a Wallace. Somebody who will be there for awhile.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joejlitz » Thu May 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I think this is the article you guys are talking about for the rest of the guys looking for it:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... ?eref=sisf
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

To be clear, I think Ben does have a pattern of behavioral related issues, but this type of information should be released the same time a man is accused of sexual assault:
The 20-year-old GCSU student and others in her group of sorority sisters were wearing name tags of a sexual nature—the accuser's read dtf, short for Down to F---. Witnesses said the woman was visibly intoxicated at Capital City, and one told police that the accuser had been "obsessed" with Roethlisberger's arrival in town.

Would that have excused what Roth did? No. But it certainly provides more context and it clearly ensures that no one thinks the college student is an angel in all of this.
This excerpt was taken from the SI Article refernced above.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:26 pm

BREAKING NEWS: BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS AN ASS, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED REPORTS.

;-7

Other than the specific details, I don't see what this article says that we couldn't have reasonably concluded already. My summary of that article is that Roethlisberger often treats other people, especially women, like crap, to say the least; he likes to go out and party as if he's still a college student; and he often exhibits extremely poor judgment. Am I missing something else that made this article worth reading (and for that matter writing and publishing)?

Once football starts and the Steelers start winning again (which is the most likely outcome because Roethlisberger is an elite NFL quarterback and has a good team around him), everyone will push Roethlisberger's unsavory character traits to the back of their minds, the only difference from the past being that any indication that he's still being an ass will get publicity. Look at Tiger Woods; the sports media are back to reporting Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger at every golf tournament, and all the reporting is about his play. There will be rampant (stupid) speculation the first few weeks if Leftwich or Dixon plays well, but after that, assuming Roethlisberger changes his behavior, the only reporting on him will be done about his play.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joejlitz » Thu May 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I thought it was a great article and I'm glad I know all these things he has done. You say fans will forget - maybe in PIT. Maybe casual fans. I won't. And I won't root for him now. As a PIT fan I'm sure you remember Petr the Wife Beater Nedved who scored the GW in the 4th OT in WAS in about 95 or 96. I was at that game.I won't forget the goal that was historic but also won't ever forget what he did.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Thu May 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah, it's gonna be hard for fans of other teams to forget that Ben is a giant jerkoff, that just isn't gonna happen. Winning will help Steelers fans not think about how big of a jerkoff Ben is, but no one is going to forget it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Well, it looks like maybe the end of his tomcatting ways:

Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger weds in quiet ceremony
By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer
3 hours, 0 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Ben Roethlisberger(notes) got the privacy he wanted for his wedding Saturday, with police providing tight security around the church in affluent Ohio Township where he and Ashley Harlan were married and tinted windows on expensive cars leaving much of the guest list a mystery.

Still, the hope of a glimpse at the Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback, his new bride and the dozens of team luminaries who turned out for the ceremony was enough for Dolly Metz to sit in a car—complete with Steelers covers on the headrests—in a nearby parking lot with the windows down in 90 degree heat.

“This is the best part of my day,” said Metz, who lives in McKees Rocks. “I know he was supposed to send a limo for me too, but it broke down.”

Metz and friends Eugene and Carol Lovely were among a small group of Steeler fans who tried to show their support for Roethlisberger.

The organization was well-represented too despite the NFL’s ongoing labor dispute.

Owner Dan Rooney waved to security officials on his way inside and guests included linebacker James Harrison(notes) and former Pittsburgh running back Jerome Bettis.

con't...

more: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... er-wedding

;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:48 pm

showing his pocket passer to women in bars just got alot more expensive.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk