Big Ben Gets Served

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Big Ben Gets Served

Postby thebigsmooth » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:22 am

stomperrob wrote:Well, it looks like maybe the end of his tomcatting ways:

Pittsburgh’s Roethlisberger weds in quiet ceremony
By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer
3 hours, 0 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Ben Roethlisberger(notes) got the privacy he wanted for his wedding Saturday, with police providing tight security around the church in affluent Ohio Township where he and Ashley Harlan were married and tinted windows on expensive cars leaving much of the guest list a mystery.

Still, the hope of a glimpse at the Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback, his new bride and the dozens of team luminaries who turned out for the ceremony was enough for Dolly Metz to sit in a car—complete with Steelers covers on the headrests—in a nearby parking lot with the windows down in 90 degree heat.

“This is the best part of my day,” said Metz, who lives in McKees Rocks. “I know he was supposed to send a limo for me too, but it broke down.”

Metz and friends Eugene and Carol Lovely were among a small group of Steeler fans who tried to show their support for Roethlisberger.

The organization was well-represented too despite the NFL’s ongoing labor dispute.

Owner Dan Rooney waved to security officials on his way inside and guests included linebacker James Harrison(notes) and former Pittsburgh running back Jerome Bettis.

con't...

more: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... er-wedding

;-D ;-D

Was James Harrison the best man? Now that would be a best man speech to hear. ;-D
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Ben Gets Served

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 am

I don't remember reading much about it last year, but it just hit me how amazing it was that PIT made the SB with their starting QB in turmoil last off season and missing the first 4 or 5 games.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk