Which online service offers the most flexible live draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Which online service offers the most flexible live draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which online service offers the most flexible live draft?

Postby superflysocal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 am

Which of the online fantasy football sites offers the most flexible Live Draft (preferably free)?
I would like a Live Draft that has ability to not autopick if time limit is up but just allow next player to pick while current player whose time limit is up can still pick (like in real NFL draft).

If this is not available, then ability to pause the draft by the commish is a necessity (in case of network issues, etc.)

Also, flexibility in the time limit would be good. Most sites I have seen let's you go up to 90 or 120 secs, but I would like more in case I cannot stop autodraft.

I heard espn live draft allows commish to pause the draft, is that true?

Please share your experience with Live Drafts.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which online service offers the most flexible live draft?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:42 am

i have never used it, but a lot of people here endorse fleaflicker as the best free site. myfantasyleague.com is generally considered the best pay site, and is fairly cheap ($80 i think) and HIGHLY customizeable
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superflysocal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have read and heard about how good those other sites are for most things. However, I am asking something more specifc than the overall site. It is concerning its flexibility in doing the online live draft. I have signed up for fleaflicker already and started a league. It has flexibility in many options but live draft is not one of them. You cannot choose the time between picks, it autopicks if time is expired, and no suggestion that you can pause the draft.

I believe I looked at myfantasyleague.com also and didn't see anything better with regards to live draft. If you have personal experience with the live draft there that allows you flexibilty like I stated in my OP then please let me know.

On a side note, I checked out foxsports fantasy site. It is the first site I have come across that allows for a no timer live draft. This means we can have a draft and keep time manually but not have to ever worry about computer doing autodraft. The site setup also allows for tons of customization. Any experienc ewith this site?
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:43 pm

this is my first year using the Live Draft feature on MFL, so i'm not fully familair with it, but looking at the options it should allow you to do what you want

screenshot

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Swipe79 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:17 pm

CBS Sportsline let's the commish pause the draft or you can draft using the extended online draft (no time limit on picks) which is what I do for my league. I have a timer on the table I use to time people. Pretty sure this is only an option for pay leagues, so the price may be the one thing against it.
Swipe79
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby superflysocal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:this is my first year using the Live Draft feature on MFL, so i'm not fully familair with it, but looking at the options it should allow you to do what you want

screenshot

when i signed for a league ans set it up, during the draft setup, there was a hint that during live draft, it cannot be paused. Just need to know if this is true or not.
superflysocal
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:00 pm

superflysocal wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:this is my first year using the Live Draft feature on MFL, so i'm not fully familair with it, but looking at the options it should allow you to do what you want

screenshot

when i signed for a league ans set it up, during the draft setup, there was a hint that during live draft, it cannot be paused. Just need to know if this is true or not.

I went to the help center on MFL. Under "Draft & Auction", they have a "draft - in progress" section. In there, one of the FAQ is "How do I skip a draft pick?" Here's the answer:

Answer: Go to the For Commissioner > Setup > Skip Current Draft Pick. If this is necessary during a Live Draft as commissioner you can choose the “Skip Pick” under the commissioner controls.

So it looks like this is possible on MFL. I know the commish can pause a live draft on CBS, like Swipe79 said, but CBS is about twice the cost of MFL. I don't know of any free sites that allow this as an option & I never played on ESPN. :-/ I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Commissioner's Corner