Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby benb18a » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 pm

scottaa1 wrote:So your comments are based on a belief that Harrison orderd a hit on this guy based on your viewing of Independence Day, and then you go on to say "Being an idiot like this is going to give you lots of negative press and lots of negative cred by the public. " when the 'like this' has no relation to Harrison whatsoever, other than you tried to tie the news item last summer with the recent news item?


I'm going to respectfully leave this thread after reading the first half of your first sentence. Have a nice day.
Image

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3106
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: WI

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby spider321 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 pm

The sad part is that the guy did not finger Harrison as the shooter because he feared retaliation from either Harrison or his posse.

His silence seems to have cost him his life after all.
spider321
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 453
Joined: 4 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:59 pm

spider321 wrote:In regards to this latest shooting, maybe nothing, maybe everything.

The evidence points to the FACT that Harrison did shoot this guy last year.

...and before you respond, Scott, we all know your location says it all.

With all due respect(since you are a mod ;-) ), don't let your NFL loyalties overrule your common sense.


So, your argument is so weak that you attack my location and my green name. That (the green name) has no bearing on this.

"In regards to this latest shooting, maybe nothing, maybe everything" so you admit it's equally nothing as much as something.

You site as FACT Harison shot him last year. Where are you getting that solid, irrefutable evidence from? Please give a source.

And as far as my common sense, Yes I do appreciate all that Marvin has done for Indy. But that doesn't mean for a minute I'd defend a person if I thought they were guilty. And frankly, I'm not defending Harrison here, either. I'm pointing out that it's wrong to say Harrison is responsible for the guy getting shot again, which was being treated as a foregone conclusion in this thread.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Moved this to Leftovers as it has nothing really to do with draft, trade or waivers.

You guys play nice now.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby benb18a » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:41 pm

bungle613 wrote:Moved this to Leftovers as it has nothing really to do with draft, trade or waivers.

You guys play nice now.


Sure it does. It makes Marvin undraftable by the idiots that thought about drafting him until this hits :-b
Image

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3106
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: WI

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 pm

benb18a wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Moved this to Leftovers as it has nothing really to do with draft, trade or waivers.

You guys play nice now.


Sure it does. It makes Marvin undraftable by the idiots that thought about drafting him until this hits :-b


SSShhhh!!!! I'm still trying to pimp up Harrison and Derrick Mason in my money league.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby biju » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 pm

I probably shouldn't get involved in a thread like this, but I can't help it.

First, while obviously it can't be proven, last year's shooting is a clear case of needing Occam's razor. Yes, it's possible that Marvin Harrison got into a fight with a guy and that someone unknown to Harrison went to Marvin's house, stole his gun, shot that guy and then returned to Harrison's house hiding the gun in his garage (or where ever it was).

Or, Harrison shot him with a gun he had on him and hid it in his garage (or again where ever he ended up hiding it).

Which one of these makes the fewest assumptions?

Now without any facts on the recent shooting there isn't alternative assumptions that can be made. As a matter of fact, it currently works against the conclusion that Harrison shot him because all we know is that when at a bar he pisses people off. Given that Harrison isn't at every bar he goes to, it's more probable he pissed off someone else that decided to take it to a different level. It *could* be a case of retaliation, but there isn't evidence that supports that any more in this case.
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: Don't F*** with Marvin Harrison

Postby spider321 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 pm

biju wrote:Yes, it's possible that Marvin Harrison got into a fight with a guy and that someone unknown to Harrison went to Marvin's house, stole his gun, shot that guy and then returned to Harrison's...


:-b
spider321
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 453
Joined: 4 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:05 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact