Tomlinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tomlinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tomlinson

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:26 pm

My drafts in 2 hours and I AM praying that I can grab the 4th or 5th pick and get LT.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:My drafts in 2 hours and I AM praying that I can grab the 4th or 5th pick and get LT.

I was hoping the same thing when I had my draft with my buddies...I ended up getting the 2nd pick though and took him anyway. :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:My drafts in 2 hours and I AM praying that I can grab the 4th or 5th pick and get LT.

I was hoping the same thing when I had my draft with my buddies...I ended up getting the 2nd pick though and took him anyway. :-b

Did everyone think that was a poor choice, or were people upset because they weren't going to get him with the mid to late 1st round pick?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 2ksports » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:46 pm

I got the 4th pick. I'm going with DeAngelo over LT though, although I think LT will do fine this year.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mattb47 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:58 pm

biju wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Did everyone think that was a poor choice, or were people upset because they weren't going to get him with the mid to late 1st round pick?

I think they were more surprised than anything...not sure where he would have gone if I didn't take him but I just quite simply expect him to do better than the rest of the guys I could have taken. It's a TD heavy league too which only makes the case better for me taking him.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 pm

mattb47 wrote:
biju wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

I think they were more surprised than anything...not sure where he would have gone if I didn't take him but I just quite simply expect him to do better than the rest of the guys I could have taken. It's a TD heavy league too which only makes the case better for me taking him.

Good to know; I'm trying to get a real read on how people are thinking about LT and the general consensus outside of the Cafe seems to still be "be afraid of drafting LT this year".
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 pm

biju wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
biju wrote:

Good to know; I'm trying to get a real read on how people are thinking about LT and the general consensus outside of the Cafe seems to still be "be afraid of drafting LT this year".

Yea...it seems to be really mixed as those who don't really look into alot of the things and such as much as we do who are more "hardcore" just hear all the talk about how he had such a down year and how he's declining and they want to stay away. Luckily for me, it's resulted in me ending up with LT in multiple leagues already this season and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I think you could reasonably expect LT to possibly be available in "non-expert leagues" late into the 1st round even.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 am

i have a draft this Saturday where it's mostly casual players (few guys with magazines, few guys with their crazy computer program that always picks their team 1st and mine 2nd :-b ). no idea where i'm picking yet but chances are high that i end up with LT and get laughed at...and then laugh all the way to the title (or at least the playoffs where i can lose by 0.24 points in the semi's again :-C )
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i have a draft this Saturday where it's mostly casual players (few guys with magazines, few guys with their crazy computer program that always picks their team 1st and mine 2nd :-b ). no idea where i'm picking yet but chances are high that i end up with LT and get laughed at...and then laugh all the way to the title (or at least the playoffs where i can lose by 0.24 points in the semi's again :-C )

Not that you haven't gotten past it. :-D
I am curious to see what your team looks like drafting against casual fans. Please tell me that Favre won't get taken in the first few rounds. Nobody should be that casual, unless they are in a money league where they can pay as they should.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

moochman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i have a draft this Saturday where it's mostly casual players (few guys with magazines, few guys with their crazy computer program that always picks their team 1st and mine 2nd :-b ). no idea where i'm picking yet but chances are high that i end up with LT and get laughed at...and then laugh all the way to the title (or at least the playoffs where i can lose by 0.24 points in the semi's again :-C )

Not that you haven't gotten past it. :-D
I am curious to see what your team looks like drafting against casual fans. Please tell me that Favre won't get taken in the first few rounds. Nobody should be that casual, unless they are in a money league where they can pay as they should.

it's a $50 league, so i hope somebody does take Favre early :-D

i'll be sure to post the roster, although i've only won 2/5 years (should be 3/5) and only made the playoffs 3/5
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk