Ronald Curry traded to Rams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronald Curry traded to Rams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronald Curry traded to Rams

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Rams acquired WR Ronald Curry from the Lions in exchange for DT Orien Harris.
Curry immediately becomes a serious candidate to start opposite Donnie Avery. Curry's competition is Keenan Burton, who the Rams may have soured on after a lost spring due to hamstring woes, and speedster Laurent Robinson. Assuming he's over his drop-filled 2008 season, Curry profiles well into new coordinator Pat Shurmur's West Coast offense as a heady wideout with a nice frame (6'2/210) and the ability to play all three receiver positions. Both players here were on the roster bubble with their old clubs. Jul. 22 - 2:07 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 163&id=788

I think this makes Curry a very nice sleeper and could catapult the guy into the WR3/4 range. He certainly does not lack the talent. I think 800-900 yards and 6-7 TDs is very realistic if he captures the starting job (which he should).
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronald Curry traded to Rams

Postby GOD » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Don't waste your time on any Lambs this season.
GOD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I think Curry is worth a look...we all know Bulger can play when he's healthy and Avery will be drawing most of the attention at WR. Decent guy as a sleeper.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 pm

GOD wrote:Don't waste your time on any Lambs this season.

Yeah I don't agree with this as the Rams have a few players that could be worthy of a roster spot. In no particular order:

SJax - Even with the same below average team around him last year, he was one of the best RBs on a point per game basis and he's not being drafted in the 1st round for nothing. He has talent and has shown he can produce with very little supporting cast.

Avery - Depending on where you can grab him in your draft, he is their 1WR and will get looks, catches, and yards with a few TDs sprinkled in. In a PPR, he even has more value and with where he is going now in drafts, he's worth a look. You just don't want your WR core to rely on him week to week too much until you see how he fares against 1CBs.

Bulger - Disclaimer, I play in a 2QB league so all QBs have value, even Bulger. But in comparison to some of the other bottom of the barrel starting QBs, Bulger has shown in the past that he has been able to produce. I don't put much faith in Bulger this year either, but considering that he is one of the last QBs being drafted, he is worth a look.

McMichael - There's been some talk about the Rams utilizing the TE more this year and McMichael could turn into a low end TE that sneaks in as the season progresses. He's not someone I would draft, but he is someone I would keep my eye on throughout the year.

Curry - He just got traded so it's hard to say what his role will be and more importantly, where he will start getting drafted. But he doesn't have much competition coming in and could quickly move into the 3WR or even the 2WR roll depending on how the preseason goes. And if his ADP stays low enough, he's someone you might want to keep an eye on.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby JakeTrain72 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 pm

It will be interesting to see if Curry can be productive now that he has escaped from LA err Oakland
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 pm

I heard rumors that Curry seemed to have lost a step. Remember, the Lions aren't exactly floating in WR talent. So why would they dump a guy who could start somewhere else. I mean, aside for the "they're the Lions" or Millen's legacy lives stuff.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:54 am

moochman wrote:I heard rumors that Curry seemed to have lost a step. Remember, the Lions aren't exactly floating in WR talent. So why would they dump a guy who could start somewhere else. I mean, aside for the "they're the Lions" or Millen's legacy lives stuff.

Yeah the Lions went out and got Northcutt to replace Curry, that's how highly he was thought of in Detroit... they say one man's trash is another man's treasure, well the Lions are trash collectors and are dumping him... I won't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk