Hey guys, our keeper league does an annual 5 rd Rookie Draft. We are allowed to keep 2 of those rookies and carry them over to next years roster, so long as we do not start them AT ALL during the regular season.
I'm debating who I take with my 2nd overall pick. So far the following players have been drafted:
1. Matt Stafford (I have NO IDEA why! I'm a Lions fan and I wouldn't be dumb enough to do this!)
2. Chris "Beanie" Wells rb Arizona
3. Knowshon Moreno Rb Denver
4. Percey Harvin WR Minnesota Vikings
5. Donald Brown RB Indianapolis
6. Michael Crabtree WR San Fran
7. LeSean McCoy RB Philly <--- My 1st pick
8. Shonn Greene, RB NY Jets
9. Jeremy Macklin WR Philly
10. Hakeem Nicks WR Giants
1. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Raiders
2. Glen Coffee RB 49ers
I'm REALLY mad that Coffee is gone because I have Gore as a keeper, but life goes on. I'm torn between two players right now:
1) Andre Brown: Derrick Ward had 1,025 yds last year, running along side Jacobs and his 1,089 yds. It sounds like he has a good opportunity to push past Bradshaw if he does well in camp and early in the season. Keeping in mind that I have Westbrook, Gore, and Kevin Smith as keepers, I could probably really use a good RB to start off 2010 if Westbrook fizzles out this year. I'd like to add at least 1 or 2 more RBs in the rookie draft, and he's probably my best choice for that.
2) Brian Robiskie: It sounds like he has a strong chance of starting off the season as the No. 2 WR along side Braylon Edwards. He sounds like he's NFL ready and could start right away. If I'm going to to skim off the top layer of the remaining WRs, it's probably him.
What do you guys think? Anyone else you would focus on instead?