Gore vs. S-Jax, then Bowe vs. Colston vs. White vs. Marshall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gore vs. S-Jax, then Bowe vs. Colston vs. White vs. Marshall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gore vs. S-Jax, then Bowe vs. Colston vs. White vs. Marshall

Postby lacunacoiler » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 pm

In either a 10 team or 12 team h2h non-ppr league yahoo or espn scoring settings..

Gore vs. Jackson=

In the 1st round, which guy would prefer to grab:

Gore has a better team talent around plus the Niners are committing to run the football more to maximize Gore’s potential, he could be this year‘s Michael Turner. I also like Gore’s durability coz if I remember it correctly, he has missed only 5 games for the last 3 seasons.. But the risk about Gore is of being a fumble risk, & how will also Gore’s small frame hold up to the potential high amount of carries.

Jackson on the other hand is a stud rb and has been a top5 fantasy rb for the last few years. And even with a suspect o-line, he was still quite productive. I also believe that Jackson has more ceiling than Gore. And with the new coaching staff’s plans to use a westcoast style offense, we could likely see better all-purpose numbers from him. And what makes Jackson even a great pick is that he is always productive down the stretch for the last few years, helping a lot of teams win championships.. Only downside with him is that he is a health risk, and that he always has a bad habit of playing below his skill-level for the first few weeks..

For me I prefer Sjax just coz of the higher upside he got over Gore even though Gore has the better talent around him..

Bowe vs. Colston vs. White vs. Marshall

Which one would you consider drafting in the 2nd & 3rd round if you got a selection in the late 2nd round to early 3rd round:

Bowe is a solid wr2 or even wr1 if you drafted 2 rb’s coz he has a lot of upside. He has the size, hands, & explosiveness enough to allow him grab the ball. Now that Gonzo is gone, he will get a lot more looks on the passing game giving him a chance to produce elite wr1 numbers. And the qb that will throw him just had a great season to come with it. Plus he got a new offensive coordinator that came from a team with 3 wr’s getting 1000rec yards.. Only downside from him is a suspect offensive line, a battered rb, & a qb that could be a fluke or for real..

Colston is also a solid wr2 or wr1 like Bowe if you drafted 2 rb’s.. He also got a lot of upside coz of his size & hands, plus he is still young.. And add to it that the fact he got a stud qb that can get him the ball, you cant really pass up on this guy if he comes your way.. Only downside to him is that there are 2 other wr that brees likes to throw too that will likely steal some passes away from colston..

Marshall is also another solid wr2 or wr1 with a lot of upside.. He is also been productive the last 2 seasons to make him worthy of a 2nd/3rd round pick.. Plus he got a new coach that likes to throw the ball to help marshall grab more catches.. Only downside is that Orton is no Cutler, so we can’t really be sure how Marshall’s season will be like…

White is also a solid wr1 worthy of drafting in the 2nd round... After years of being a 1st rnd bust, he finally breakout of his mediocrity after getting a qb that can throw the ball.. His team got a solid running game to warrant defenses into committing 8 man on the box, allowing him opportunity to get deep balls.. Only downside to him is that he got a young 2nd year pro qb, which could affect his numbers depending on how matt ryan plays..

I’m abit torn on my selections on this part.. If I get the late 2nd round pick and all elite rb’s, tier1 qb’s, jennings, smith, both johnson, white, & wayne are gone, I won’t hesitate to draft bowe at all..
And if im drafting late in the 3rd round, I may settle with marshall over colston….

So what about you guys, which one you prefer?
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore vs. S-Jax, then Bowe vs. Colston vs. White vs. Marshall

Postby dmacblue » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Gore is going to benefit from the changes in SF, but the only way i see him outperforming SJax is if SJax again falls foul of injury. I'll happily take SJax > Gore.

I think Bowe fans are in for a nasty shock, he is my 'bust' pick of the early rounds. A healthy Colston is dominant, despite a reduced number of red zone looks when returning late last year. Again, easy choice for me here Colston > Bowe

I'm torn on the effect Gonzo arrival will have on White. it'll mean more single coverages but less actual looks too. Gonzo has always been auber stud red zone target. That said, Marshall scares me. Sans Cutler and without Shanahan, i cant see how Marshall improves. He is a year long ban waiting to happen too. Even if i ranked Marshall higher than White (which i dont), id still scratch Marshall dfue to suspension concerns.

SJax > Gore
Colston > Bowe
White > Marshall

All very confident choices.

Good luck ;-D

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

I agree completely with dmac...I don't think any of those 3 comparisons are even close to be completely honest.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby breezyb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

S jax > Gore for potential....but you always have to worry about injury with s jax.

I have it like this for the wr.... colston>white>bowe>marshall
breezyb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk