Tinkering with the rosters and rules...any thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Tinkering with the rosters and rules...any thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tinkering with the rosters and rules...any thoughts?

Postby Bferryvt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 am

I'm the commish in two leagues, one a very deep IDP league, 14-teams 35 man roster, and a traditional 12-team QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR/RB-TE-DE H2H league. The latter I converted to a money league and will be a keeper league going forward, and I'd like to make it a bit more interesting while keeping it legitimate. Anyone have any small changes to rosters or scoring? Considered TE going to TE/WR...other than that nothing to set...

Appreciate any thoughts!
Bferryvt
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tinkering with the rosters and rules...any thoughts?

Postby Jayfo1317 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:20 pm

One thing I've done to make both my baseball and football leagues more interesting throughout the regular season is offering a $10-20 payout for the high score each week. It keeps guys more involved. Even if they're beating the team they're playing, they are paying attention to what every other team is doing also. Just kind of a fun tweak. Once the playoffs start, the weekly high scoring payout goes away. I've also expanded the rosters quite a bit so that every team starts more players than your average league...this is why we play fantasy right? To root for guys to score. I have also taken out most of the negative scoring categories for the same reason. Who wants to watch their score go backwards? Just a few thoughts.
Jayfo1317
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tinkering with the rosters and rules...any thoughts?

Postby spodog » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:47 pm

I'd leave the TE spot as a TE only. Keeps the draft a little more interesting. WR/TE spot totally devalues most of the TEs.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner