Free Agency and WW - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Free Agency and WW

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agency and WW

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 am

I jumped in to save a couple of leagues and took over as commish. A few bumps along the way as the rules were completely spelled out but it was a fairly easy transition.

Now, both leagues are done the draft, 1 is a dynasty, 1 is a very in depth keeper. No where in the rules does it say anything about how to handle free agency. I will look eventually and see what we did last year but my question is this...

When do you open your free agency/WW for a non redraft league? Personally, any league I have ever run I prefer to allow one set of claims to be submitted some time in August and then lockdown until the season and claims be from worst to first in order of the previous year. Traditioanally the first set of claims can be a huge advantage. I am hoping that Flea institutes the blind bidding system and we can use that.

Thoughts?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Free Agency and WW

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 am

For a keeper league, I agree with what you have stated - run a 1 time FA/WW period prior to the season.

For a Dynasty league, I would keep FA/WW open year round. You may have to close them down during the draft or right before the season to get everything sorted out, but there is no reason that in a dynasty league you should not be able to have them open year-round.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner