Joe Cool - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Joe Cool

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe Cool

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:20 am

Here's a nice article about the Delaware-product, Joe Flacco, AKA Joe Cool, AKA Uni-brow. It's a shame he doesn't have a better WR corps or he could be very useful FF QB this year. I was definitely impressed with his playoff victories last year as well. Likable guy, IMO.

Flacco's rookie year a good experience
Ravens QB ready for second season

Associated Press

WESTMINSTER, Md. - Joe Flacco can't help but smile when thinking back to how lost he was at his first NFL training camp.
"You don't know anybody, you don't know what to expect, you don't really know the offense so you're kind of scared of getting in there and messing up," the Baltimore Ravens quarterback recalled yesterday. "You feel like a freshman in college, a freshman in high school again."

Flacco, who starred at the University of Delaware and Audubon (N.J.) High, was drafted in the first round of the 2008 NFL draft.

He arrived in camp as the third-string quarterback. He became the starter late last summer after injuries to veterans Kyle Boller and Troy Smith. This year, Flacco sits atop the depth chart in camp after guiding Baltimore to the AFC championship game.

Flacco still has much to learn, but his comfort level has increased over the course of the past 12 months. Which explains why, on the opening day of his second training camp, Flacco laughed when asked how he would handle the sudden retirement of wide receiver Derrick Mason - his favorite target during a 2008 season.

"Last year I had no idea who I was going to be throwing the ball to. I didn't know what Derrick Mason or Mark Clayton even looked like. I probably thought Mark Clayton was Derrick Mason at one point," Flacco said. "So this year we're in much better shape."
Rest of Article: Philadelphia Daily News
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baltimore Ravens