Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Traing camp battles you will be watching closely thread

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Azrael wrote:
justinj312 wrote:
Timbathia wrote:Not sure if it is exactly a battle as it may be the mother of all RBBCs, but I am very interested to see how McDaniels intends to use Buckhalter, Moreno, Jordan and Hillis.

Reminds me of a joke: Who is the best DEN RB?
Answer: the one available on the ww

I have stopped drafting DEN rbs for 3 years now, and have been a happier man ever since.

I don't think we can totally write that situation off as an undeterminable RBBC. First forget the history cause Shanahan is gone. I think McDaniels probably would have liked to have been able to make Maroney a feature back but he's disappointed and been injured the last 2 years so the RBBC has ensued the last 2 years. If I were to guess, I'd say Moreno would be the main guy with Buckhalter or Jordan backing up, Jordan possibly getting goal line duties, and Hillis not really factoring in much at all fantasy wise.

I'm following the daily camp blog on Ravens.com to see how McGahee and Rice are doing.

I think the biggest problem for Moreno right now is that he appears a long way from having a contract in place. Training camp starts properly for the Broncos tomorrow (rookies were supposed to be there earlier this week), and every day Moreno misses from tomorrow will hurt his chances at overtaking Buckhalter and Jordan on the depth chart before season starts. This probably wont have long term implications, but it may in the early part of the season.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I'm interested in all the camp battles people have mentioned so far. Others-

Was WR2- RandleEl still isn't worth the contract, Malcolm Kelly is over his surgery, while Devin Thomas deals with his maturity/work ethic issues

CLE WR2- who starts opposite Edwards? Does Edwards get traded? Who starts in his place?

GB WR2/3- Who wins out between Jordy Nelson and James Jones?

Jax RB2- Does Jennings surge up the depth chart to spell MJD? If not, who becomes his backup?

Mia WR2- Who starts opposite Ginn- Camarillo, Bess, Turner, London, Hartline?

Min WR2- Does Rice hold off Harvin?

Min QB- Sage makes everyone better ADP values but Shiancoe

NYG WR- what a mess

StL WR2- Robinson, Burton, Stanley or Foster?

Ten RB2- Does Ringer take carries from White?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm interested to see how the Pats handle their RB situation. Is Maroney, Fragile Fred Taylor, or Morris going to emerge as the primary? Or will they go so RBBC that they will become a Denver of the Atlantic?
Which Bears receiver becomes Cutler's fav? Hester, Bennett, Olsen?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 am

moochman wrote:I'm interested to see how the Pats handle their RB situation. Is Maroney, Fragile Fred Taylor, or Morris going to emerge as the primary? Or will they go so RBBC that they will become a Denver of the Atlantic?

On the CHI wrs. I remember hearing a quote from Cutler when rumors of a Marshall trade to Chicago were circulating then fizzling. Cutler said that Chicago already had a legit #1 wr in Hester. That quote stuck with me and maybe I am reading too much into it but it says to me that Cutler beleives Hester is his go to guy. With Cutler's arm and Hester's speed. LOOKOUT...

As far as New England, I have lost all faith in Maroney. I think the staff there has as well. I like Fred Taylor to get the majority of the touches as he still runs hard. Mooris taking the 3rd down duties. No evidience of this but rather a hunch / opinion.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:35 am

petedog9 wrote:
moochman wrote:I'm interested to see how the Pats handle their RB situation. Is Maroney, Fragile Fred Taylor, or Morris going to emerge as the primary? Or will they go so RBBC that they will become a Denver of the Atlantic?

On the CHI wrs. I remember hearing a quote from Cutler when rumors of a Marshall trade to Chicago were circulating then fizzling. Cutler said that Chicago already had a legit #1 wr in Hester. That quote stuck with me and maybe I am reading too much into it but it says to me that Cutler beleives Hester is his go to guy. With Cutler's arm and Hester's speed. LOOKOUT...

As far as New England, I have lost all faith in Maroney. I think the staff there has as well. I like Fred Taylor to get the majority of the touches as he still runs hard. Mooris taking the 3rd down duties. No evidience of this but rather a hunch / opinion.

Taylor, if he has enough left in the tank, is a perfect fit for the Pats. I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets the majority of the work there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:03 am

petedog9 wrote:I remember hearing a quote from Cutler when rumors of a Marshall trade to Chicago were circulating then fizzling. Cutler said that Chicago already had a legit #1 wr in Hester. That quote stuck with me and maybe I am reading too much into it but it says to me that Cutler beleives Hester is his go to guy. With Cutler's arm and Hester's speed. LOOKOUT...

I remember that "interview", as well. It happened after the post "We Got Cutler!" giddiness wore off in Chicago and they realized what the pass-catching options were. Then Marshall started doing a Cutler and all that cow manure in Chi-town got them high, thinking they could acquire him to.

Cutler saying that about Hester was all about politics. Saying what the situation is would have been too public, too soon. Once the Marshall-Chicago talk cooled, then he actually said he would love to have Marshall on his team, to throw to him again.

In my opinion, Hester is Nate Washington, pretty much- good WR3, questionable starter. Hester has much better return skills, but Chicago opts not to take advantage of that.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Not really sure if this is a battle, but Cincinnati.. Coles vs Henry.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Not really sure if this is a battle, but Cincinnati.. Coles vs Henry.

Coles has to be the #2 IMo just purely based on the amount of $$ they paid him to play WR for them... I do think Henry will see plenty of field time in 3 WR sets though...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:56 am

petedog9 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Not really sure if this is a battle, but Cincinnati.. Coles vs Henry.

Coles has to be the #2 IMo just purely based on the amount of $$ they paid him to play WR for them... I do think Henry will see plenty of field time in 3 WR sets though...

I disagree here. I think Coles was paid that amount of money because that's what it took to get him in town and Cincy has no idea if Henry has really cleaned up his act. And Cincy had to plan for the worst case scenario with TJ leaving town because it wouldn't be bright to count on both Ocho and Henry staying in line all season. We all agree that on the field Henry can produce, but it's a matter of can he stay in line off the field. I don't doubt for a minute that Coles will start off as the 2WR but the minute Henry starts performing up to his ability AND shows that he has straightened up, Henry will become the 2WR and Coles will be relegated to 3 WR sets.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 am

moochman wrote:
petedog9 wrote:

Taylor, if he has enough left in the tank, is a perfect fit for the Pats. I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets the majority of the work there.

i think with NE there really wont be a feature back and playing time will get dished out based on matchups and game flow
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk